Rear brake lights not working

Since you have the connectors off the switch use a jumper wire to short the Orange wire to the White wire. That will simulate a brake pedal press, Orange wire is always hot so be careful and don't short it to ground, it goes to the STOP/HAZ fuse. The light blue wire is the 3rd brake light wire which works so no need to check that.

If the lights work the switch is bad if they don't work you need to check the white wire at the harmonica connector attached to the steering column on the right side as you face the windshield.

Easiest access to it is by removing the A/C lower vent plastic piece, a couple of screws and you probably already have the lower black plastic trim piece off if not it has to come off too, 2 screws and a nut down by the gas pedal.
I replaced the brake switch and only the third light is only working, I’ll try to check the white wire, thanks for your guys help.

Here's a pic. of the column out of the car. Look at the green tape on the loose wiring harness, UNDER that is the black harmonica connector C104 attached to the column and the top wire is white, first cavity of C104, yours will obviously have a plug going into that socket location as well.

Start off by wiggling both white wires on either side of the plug and socket and then checking the brake lights, if they work you can simply cut the wires off the plug and socket and solder them together for a permanent fix.

20190709_114146.jpg

Here's a pic. of the column out of the car. Look at the green tape on the loose wiring harness, UNDER that is the black harmonica connector C104 attached to the column and the top wire is white, first cavity of C104, yours will obviously have a plug going into that socket location as well.

Start off by wiggling both white wires on either side of the plug and socket and then checking the brake lights, if they work you can simply cut the wires off the plug and socket and solder them together for a permanent fix.

View attachment 352738

View attachment 352738

View attachment 352738
okay thanks that really helps!!

The first time I found the problem I left it after wiggling it.

I was back in there splicing them together after a couple of years when they stopped working again.

I daily drive mine so all 3 brake lights are a must, I would splice the two wires together neatly and never look back.

I also had this same issue back in the 90's. It turned out to be the white wire in the harmonica connector not making good connection.
It had something to do with me tilting the steering wheel up and down every time I got in and out of the car. I don't do that anymore.

Okay thanks for all the help salvage6 sent me a picture of the wiring harness so I ended up cutting all of the wires and solderd them all and now I have all tail lights working !!! Thanks to all !!

I would also check C320 on the left hand rear of the trunk and C209 next to the fuse box. Those were the problem areas on mine many years ago. For some reason they used aluminum wire between those 2 connectors and it will corrode by the crimp.