REally getting sick of losing my friends in the BS War!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to bring back an old thread guy but I just cant get my friend off my mind tonight for some odd reason. I just wanted to write a note to my friend whether in some odd way god allows him to see it or even if his wife sees it through google searches or what not.

Nate, I miss you man. We had so many fun times together and so many memories at a young age that I continue to talk about even now that we are older. You had my back many times even when I was in the wrong. I came to work with many things on my mind and you were the first to talk me out of my bad thoughts. We talked about girls, parents, our futures, and whatever else you could make me laugh about. I love you my friend and your always in my heart. I will continue to constantly think about you ever time I see my dog, my brothers, my son, and Ashley. I appreciate that you gave your entire life up to give me the ability to live mine. Brotha, that means more than anything to me. It seems like you were always the first person to step up and try to make everyone else happy. In the long run, you gave your life for all of us and I just cant tell you how much I appreciate that man. I feel like I dont deserve to be here becuase you were a better man than me. When we talked about what we wanted to do in our future, you said you wanted to be in the military and i said I wouldnt ever do that. I wish I would have never said that becuase I didnt realize back then how much it meant to you. My buddy Mike French hangs with me on the wekends and has shrapnal in the back of his head and one less ear drum than he started life with because of a roadside bomb. He fortunately made it and doesnt really think much about it now a days but I tell him the same. I appreciate it. Nate, you were a great man. I miss you bro. SINCERELY, Jeremy:(

POUND IT!!! WOOOOT!!!!!

Nate Cox

Attachments

• coxnath.jpg
    coxnath.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 313
JD, he looked like a great man and a great friend. When you get down just think of what Nate would say to you..You have a board full of friends and Nate will always have your back forever.

My thoughts & prayers are with you turbo friends...:wink:

Jeremy, I do feel your pain. I've lost a lot of friends over the years. Some to their own stupidity and others to situations that they couldn't control. Military and civilian. I still miss them after 25+ years. I do hope you find some solice in the fact that they died for a reason and you are free to say what you want. My prayers are truely with you.

I too have been in your situation. It was the hardest time i've ever gone through in my life. It's been almost 3 years now since my friend was killed and i still find myself thinking about him everyday. I still wear his dog tag to this day. Was your friend buried at Arlington National Cemetery??????If so let me know. I visit my buddy alot and spend the entire day there just shootin the **** with him.

sorry for your loss,

but were trying as hard as we can to get the upper hand on the IED thing, but our budget has been poor this year. hopefully by the end of this year we will have a system to combat this cheap but deadly weapon.

I, and my group send out prayers.

A.j.
JDETS Counter IED Program, WSMR NM.

Here's a nice photo link if anyone wants to view it:

Quad-Cities Online

WOW, that got me emotional. Atleast he got such a great memorial from his city while being buried. Stay strong bro , its great you think of him ... just make it positive, and not such a sad story.

I visit my buddy alot and spend the entire day there just shootin the **** with him.

Wow, that really just touched my heart ... how amazing ---

Nate is burried here on the Rock Island Arsenal.

I do agree with the above statement about keeping memories positive instead of a sad story. Nate would have definately wanted it that way.

The thing that always makes me think is that we enjoy such freedoms in our everyday life and take things for granted constantly. You know, if people would realize how special all the little things in life really are, the world would be a better place. We get so caught up with money, goals, how awesome our houses and cars are, what the neighbor thinks of us, how good we look, how tough we are, etc. I hope that one thing this war brings to this world is a new state of mind. Not just here but even across seas. The words "World Peace" get thrown around so much that we as citizens dont really think about the meaning of it. Everyone that I know that has served appreciates life a little more everytime they go over there. I can tell you those men and women are very brave I cant thank them enough for everything they have done for us.

Bringing this thread back wasnt necessarily just for Nate, but for everyone. Love your neighbor and the people that surround you even if you dont necessarily know them. Hold doors for people. Dont just walk by someone and put your head down, even if they may look poor, homeless, intimidating, high class, or lower class. Maybe look them in the eye and say hello with a smile. Some people may not have anyone do that for them throughout their entire day. We are here as one on Earth. Just some food for thought I suppose.

Sorry to hear this buddy. Just remember that no matter what he is still with you and will never leave. He may not be here in body but he will forever live on in your heart. He sounded like a great guy. God Speed Mr. Cox.

SSgt Harry Dunmire USAF.

I love you Jeremy. Now stop under bidding my parts.

I know what you are saying. Having served overseas and seeing just a little bit of what they see, since i was Navy, i know how we get lost in the selfish goals. Your friends will be missed and honored, you can do that by making new friends and using the freedom they fought for to make new friends. If you ever get to FL, we will get a beer or two for us and honor the fallen.

Can't say I've known any good friends that went off to war and didn't return, but I do agree with you, I wished this war would end also. I do give my utmost respect to those who have fallen and extend my condolences to their families.

Get used to it if McCain gets in.

And Mc Cain didn't get in, yet there's probably about as much blood shed as there was when GW was in. Hhhmmm.....

I love you Jeremy. Now stop under bidding my parts.

I know what you are saying. Having served overseas and seeing just a little bit of what they see, since i was Navy, i know how we get lost in the selfish goals. Your friends will be missed and honored, you can do that by making new friends and using the freedom they fought for to make new friends. If you ever get to FL, we will get a beer or two for us and honor the fallen.

HAHA!!! You know the funny thing is that some of these parts I'm selling used to be your parts!!! The Regal project is out the door for now. Yeah, Austin and I are talking about taking the GN to Florida just for the heck of it. Maybe we could meet up, you might have met him a few weeks ago, he was in Florida and met quite a few GN guys at a car show. I think it was Daytona.