REally getting sick of losing my friends in the BS War!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jdpolzin

Well guys, I know you are all going to hate me for saying this but I am tired of this war. I have lost now 5 close friends. My friend for 11 years now was killed Saturday because of a road side bomb. I'm just tired of this. I know none of you knew my friends but I did. They were all extremely loyal friends and have been there for me for many years. I have had enough of this war. Our dads, moms, daughter, sons, friends, cousins, aunts, uncles, etc are dying over there. I know it's all for piece and for our country and yada yada yada blah blah blah but when is this damn thing going to end? I love this country but this war is finally taking a toll on me. I tired. Nate was one of the best guys around. Out here in Iowa, we dont have a whole lot to do so we try to come up with fun things. Nate was always very creative! I remember when we worked at Farm and Fleet together, I was under age, Nate was 21, so he would pick up a couple 30 packs of Busch Light and we would head out to my old stomping grounds, lite a fire next to the river, and sit back and talk about life, girls, our future, etc. There was a time back then a police officer stopped by to check up on us. Needless to say I was half in the bag. Everybody was 19-20 except Nate, who was 21. Everybody threw their beers in the river except me and Nate. Well, prior to the coip showing up, a couple guys on 4 wheelers went flyng through the camp site wrecklessly and through mud all over my beloved Monte SS and almost took out our tent. I was pissed so I started spouting off my mouth at the police officer about how he showed go get those guys because we werent causing any harm. The police officer took Nate and I into the car and Nate explained that I really loved that car and I'm a nice kid and ya I shouldnt be drinking but give me some slack. well, the police officer ended up bringing the two guys by the site a couple hours later for us to ID them. He never gave any of us any harm because Nate told the officer he would gladly except the ticket of giving alchohol to minors and excepted responsibilty but he really wanted to see those guys get caught for tearing up the campsite. the cop told Nate to go grab a beer, relax, nobody was getting a ticket and we were free to hang out and have a few beers as long as nobody left.
I also remember a time when our manager was givin me hell for making a mistake on a customers work order for his car. Nate took full responsibilty even though he had nothing to do with it.
I havent talked with him for a few years now but I remember him like it was all yesturday. Those were the best years of my life back then and Nate contributed a TON to it. We now can thank the war for yet another death.:(

Remembering fallen soldier, Nate Cox

There is a very short shortcut to a video from our local news title "Remebering QC soldier Nathan Cox" in the article towards the right of the page. Please take a minute to watch it. At least a face can be remembered to a name. Nate was married and had a 5 year old daughter.

Sorry to hear about your loss. A few good friends of mine where over there for a long time. Luckily they all made it back.

I dont want to say that I know your pain, because everyone feels differently. Just last year I was going through a rough spot that sounds very similar to what you are going through. I posted a similar thread here in the turbo lounge. I was surprised by the sincere outpouring of others, maybe some of the posts can help you as well. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-lounge/221306-losing-friends.html

What helped me the most was setting aside some time and just sorting out my emotions and rehashing the good memories. We can't bring them back, but only remember the good times as they would want to be remembered.

Get used to it if McCain gets in.

This is not the political forum, please keep coments like that in there ! I had many friends go over there, thankfully they came back but even then the nightmares and terror stay in a lot of them. I pray that all our people will be home soon ! I can't say I know how you feel but I have lost friends in the past and no matter how it happens it just SUCKS. Hang in there bud . Daniel

sorry to hear about your loss. when i was over there everyone came back. However alot of people died not to far away from me during the italian embassy bombing in 2003. We didnt lose anyone thank good but we did lose coalition forces

You have a good reason for your feelings about the war:

It seems like such an insult to listen to many others that have suffered no loss BECAUSE unless one has lost friends and family; there is almost no effect here, it is almost impossible to tell this is a country at war.

It is not like we are rationing different types of foods on certain days, restricting the use of certain materials like rubber, or sending all the woman to the factories. More die in petty crime in our own cities and to complain about a war that has almost no effect on us in the US is a simple political whining UNLESS the war has effected one as it has to you.

Please do not blame your Country - remember the good times with a person that sounds like a great guy.

I’m sorry for your loss, I can relate, maybe not by losing any hometown friends, but I've lost a few fellow Soldiers over there. Actually I really lost count, but what I do know is most of them leave family members and friends who will have an unfillable void left their lives. I'm not going to say that all of these Soldiers died serving for a good cause, but I am saying they went over there knowing what could ultimately happen and did this regardless of personal feelings. I think that says allot about someone’s personality, I continue to feel honored to know and serve amongst such people.

Edited my post since this is not in the political forum. If the thread gets moved there, I'll post again.

Very sorry for your loss.....

really, He'll be planting road side bombs?!
Agreed w/ above, this isn't about politics. We all hurt for you jdpolzin, regardless of the conditions, these men are too young to die. Its a shame politics get dragged into the shame of strangers killing strangers.

Hey, jdpolzin called the war bs and is sick of it. I fully agree with that statement. My nephew is one year away from graduating ROTC and I really don't want to get the same news jdpolozin has gotten once he's deployed.

I know your pain. Love and respect to Mr. Cox his family. I live every day in pain. God bless all of you and everyone who is in harms way. I pray for our brothers every night.
Warmly
Will walker
1st Marine Division. Ret.

Thanks guys! It's just getting really old. My family just had another "Off to War" party for my cousin, Eric Webber a month ago. This is the sixth time we has been deployed. Last Christmas was spent with him chatting with us online. He said he was going to celebrate with his buds over there. They each had one Milwakee's Best and one mini shot of vodka. What a lovely way to celebrate Christmas. I do have the upmost respect for our troops over there. Everyone in this country goes about their daily lives bitching and moning about the piddly crap and have no freakin clue what those men and women are dealing with over there. I am not going to get into how I feel about the war except by saying that I'm tired of it. I'm tired of seeing my friends children go without a parent, whether deployed or dead. It's not just the kids, it's the wives, parents, co-workers, and pretty much everyone that knows that person. Just the simple thought that there are many many children out there who will never in their entire lives see there parent kills me. I'm sitting here typing with my one year old son on my lap and couldnt imagine puting him through that his whole life. I dont really care who becomes president anymore, I just want this war to be over and stop dragging this country down. Lets give our Military and their loved ones a break and let them enjoy their lives a little. -----Jeremy

Our troops are the greatest in the world they know that at anytime they maybe called to go to a far off place and do things that would make the avg. person s**t thier pants and cry for thier mommy, and they volunteer to do it.
Why do they do it? Because they love this country and what this country stands for. It is a shame that some of these Brave Souls do not make Home, I would hate to think about how many American Civilians that would have been killed if our Military had not been as strong as it has been.

To all of the Familes of all of these brave souls we thank you for all that you have done. Your country owes you a huge debt that we can never repay. We must Honor these Heros and never forget the Freedom that they died to protect.

I know this doesn't help when you lose someone, just remember the great things that they have done and do all that you can for his Family.

My family prays for a safe return for all of or troops.

BOOSTBROTHER
U.S. ARMY 1987-1991

let it all out bud, friends like that truly never leave us, but their absence leaves us heart broken, :( , I too have lost a close, close friend more like a brother but i can tell you this having served as a cavalry scout ,..... no i won't say because i don't want it to sound too wierd.... but you have every right to feel the way you do. your not alone.:( "All for one and one for all")

jdpolzin,i am sorry for your loss.it's very difficult to lose people around you especially when one comes to the understanding of how pure certain souls can be.again i'm sorry for your loss and i'll pray for his wife and 5 year daughter.

jdpolzin, I too am sorry for your loss! I have lost a few friends also and it sux. During OIF1, a fellow Warrant Officer was killed by an IED. We went through all our training together before we were sent to Iraq.

Please do not forget that not only do soldiers loose their lives or get wounded, but a lot of us loose our families as well. Just in my section of 10 Officers and Enlisted, 70% of our spouses left us during our deployment or right after our return. It is very hard on the spouse who is caring for our children, trying to do day to day life and being lonely.

From a soldier's point of view, our Army is doing a fantastic job but the war is taking a toile on our soldiers AND equipment. We still do not have enough protective gear. Our vehicles and equipment are just worn out. Remember, after 15 months of deployment, we come back, take 30 days off and start back training which includes field time (away from home) getting ready to deploying within 1 year! No it is not an easy job and we signed up for it. We are not looking for a pity party, just continued support!

Please pray or whatever you do, for ALL our people deployed abroad!

Well guys, I made through this week ok. I was unable to go to the funeral because of work but I was able to attend the visitation Thursday night and go out for tacos and beers with some of our mutual friends and enjoyed sharing stories about Nate. I never really thought I would sit here and be in tears because I'm just not that type of guy but I cant help myself:frown: . It sooo sad to see a family ripped of their glue. Nate was a fantastic man, I wish everyone was as good of a person as he was. I really hope you guys can respect the men and women in our military whether you agree or disagree with this war because they put their everything on the line for us. This really really blows.

Friend, father, husband, hero; Family buries Staff Sgt. Cox - Quad Cities Online

To SSgt. Nathan Cox. Salute!

SSgt. R.Martin
Instructor
U.S.A.F.

Rest in piece.

God bless you and your family.