Razors Kit - Which LED is Which??

Mr86t-type

OK, 80% done my Install, but I made one Mistake, after spending over an hour Dismateling & reassembling my Pillar Boost gauge.......I installed the Red LED with the Tan-Red? wire next to my Boost Gauge, and the Clear LED in the Low Fuel Level housing, so....tommorrow when I mate the wires them to the controller, can I just reverse the order of the two??? And so I'm Assuming the Clear LED is the one that turns Green (nothing in the Instructions even mentions that, I read that here)???

OK, 80% done my Install, but I made one Mistake, after spending over an hour Dismateling & reassembling my Pillar Boost gauge.......I installed the Red LED with the Tan-Red? wire next to my Boost Gauge, and the Clear LED in the Low Fuel Level housing, so....tommorrow when I mate the wires them to the controller, can I just reverse the order of the two??? And so I'm Assuming the Clear LED is the one that turns Green (nothing in the Instructions even mentions that, I read that here)???

Yep ya got them backwards. Can you swap the LED's to match the gauges? It's the same thing I did on mine. The clear LED is the turn-on LED -- flicker red to bright green and the red LED is the low-level, make you blind LED.

B

Yep ya got them backwards. Can you swap the LED's to match the gauges? It's the same thing I did on mine. The clear LED is the turn-on LED -- flicker red to bright green and the red LED is the low-level, make you blind LED.

B
I spent a GANG of time getting that LED next to the Boost gauge Just right, and you KNOW how fragile those Pillar Covers are, I'm sure if I was to take it apart again, something might Snap off..I'd REALLY rather just simply swap the wires on the Controller...that "Should" be simple???

Nope.. the clear one is bi-colored.

You should have had a cue when the tan/red one has the rubber grommet on it. Meaning you had to go the extra step and remove the grommet. And then.. put the grommet on the clear one.

And .. the tan/red one has a resistor built in under the heat shrink becuase its designed to work on 12 volts. The clear one doesnt. So if you hook the clear one on the low level, you'll smoke it.

So.. what to do.. bite the bullet and fix the problem by putting things in their correct locations.

At least both LED's have the same diameter, so you wont have to redrill/fab.

Thanks Razor,

Yea, after sleeping on it I realized your right, I have to Bite the bullet and swap them. One minor thing though, that Grommet (on the Red one) was a PERFECT fit next to my Boost gauge in the pillar mount after dilling a 3/8" hole in the gauge pod to push it through...so WHERE do I get another Grommet like that??

Thanks!

Call me and i'll mail you one.. or.. You can try Radio Shack, they sell an assortment pack. I buy those 1000 at a time.

727-570-9999

Call me and i'll mail you one.. or.. You can try Radio Shack, they sell an assortment pack. I buy those 1000 at a time.

727-570-9999

Carquest carries them funny enough. I found a pack of 10-15 odd of 'em when I was at a Carquest in Minnesota on an unrelated trip. The grommets are exactly what you need.

B