Razors dual nozzle alky kit

ttypewhite

I have bought this kit about 4 years ago. Installed it, but never tuned my car for it. I just had it set as soon as you clicked it on that's where it would stay. Just enough to cool the intake charge but not run any boost above 17psi with it. Now Cal Hartline tuned my car and it made 653@604 torque at 22psi. My exhaust is killing the car right now so I am in the process of upgrading it. I picked up 50 rear wheel more by un bolting the exhaust. My questions are. How much power can I run with this system? I know with the new exhaust I should be close to 700 rear wheel at the same level. How much more boost can I safely run on this system with 94 octane pump gas? My injector duty cycle with 95lb injectors are at 60%. Also, can my existing alky pump be upgraded to the latest version out there? Lastly will the latest version pump effect my tune where I would have to retune the car again?

Mike,

What fuel did you guys tune with? Was alky on and is it progressive now?

You could send your pump down to Julio for testing. Or, buy his pump test kit and check it yourself. Thats the only real way to know if it's running full power.

60% inj duty. You have plenty head room there. :cool:

Bet that car is hard to handle on the street. :eek:

P.S. Heads are on. :biggrin:

Mike,

Wat fuel did you guys tune with? Was alky on and is it progressive now?

You could send your pump down to Julio for testing. Or, buy his pump test kit and check it yourself. Thats the only real way to know if it's running full power.

60% inj duty. You have plenty head room there. :cool:

Bet that car is hard to handle on the street. :eek:

P.S. Heads are on. :biggrin:

Cal had made 2 tunes. One for the street on pump gas and alky @22psi (yes it s progressive), and one on straight race gas (C16) no alky for the track.
That is excellent news on the heads, enjoy.

There is a car going 9.60s @ 143 with it. Are you trying to exceed the 22psi you tuned for? If so, cant you turn on the correction in your XFI and go grom there? Remember alky to eliminate detonation, add or trim fuel to get the a/f where you want it. Now how you plan to put the power to the ground is another issue...:eek:

Your asking if replacing a 4 year old pump will require retuning?

Only if the pump you currently have has an issue. The easy answer is worse case the newer pump puts out more and the air fuel goes richer. This will be evident on your datalogs. Which is an easy fix on a FAST. And not an issue that will harm the engine in any way.

How much is the newer pump cost? I am going to do the switch over the winter with the latest version. With the changes that I am currently doing, is 800rwhp doable with this kit with pump gas?

New pump is 150

Yes it will support your HP goals no problem :)

With the amount of money you have in your engine, I'd buy the alky tester. Your pump may be good, or you could buy a new one, but you won't know if you have a bad seal on one of your alky lines and they are leaking and losing pressure. Since I've bought the tester, I've found bad pumps, leaking pumps, bad lines, you name it.

The tester is good to see how much tuning room you have to spare with a pump also. For example, a given pump could be maxing out its pressure when the gain is set to "6" if the initial gain is turned up inside the box. Let's say you know you get knock if you turn the alky down so you leave it at that setting. Then you decide you want to run more boost so you turn the alky knob up. problem is, the pump is already maxed out but you don't know it. The tester will give you an idea how much room you have left for alky tuning because you can watch the pump pressure for given alky knob settings and various other settings for initial and turn on.

Even if the pump hasn't been used much, the alky could have still been sitting in the pump and making the seals get hard. Every single old pump I've tested so far leaks. One of them was only putting out 50psi max and squirting alky everywhere.

With the amount of money you have in your engine, I'd buy the alky tester. Your pump may be good, or you could buy a new one, but you won't know if you have a bad seal on one of your alky lines and they are leaking and losing pressure. Since I've bought the tester, I've found bad pumps, leaking pumps, bad lines, you name it.

The tester is good to see how much tuning room you have to spare with a pump also. For example, a given pump could be maxing out its pressure when the gain is set to "6" if the initial gain is turned up inside the box. Let's say you know you get knock if you turn the alky down so you leave it at that setting. Then you decide you want to run more boost so you turn the alky knob up. problem is, the pump is already maxed out but you don't know it. The tester will give you an idea how much room you have left for alky tuning because you can watch the pump pressure for given alky knob settings and various other settings for initial and turn on.

Even if the pump hasn't been used much, the alky could have still been sitting in the pump and making the seals get hard. Every single old pump I've tested so far leaks. One of them was only putting out 50psi max and squirting alky everywhere.

With older kits.. anything is possible. Figure i've been making these kits since Aug 2003..

Test all your systems.. alcohol, fuel, ignition, etc..

Call and order :D

813-265-1400

If you want to do a paypal deal, simply send me an email.. and i'll send a request through paypal ;)

Thanks. I wasn't sure if you still did telephone orders since you have quite a few items on ebay.

I'll call you soon.

Phil Engle