Razors Alky - No green light problem

Victory

Still A Noob...
2 weeks ago I successfully installed Razor's alky kit on my GN. After install I took it out and tested it and all was fine.I turned up the boost to 23lbs, the alky to 6, and installed my turbo tweak chip alky chip. After some 1/8 mile street runs I was reading zero retard on the scanmaster and all was fine. I was seeing the green light at 4lbs boost like I'm supposed to and it obviously was spraying.

I took the car out today and immediately I knew something was wrong. I had retard from practically the first time i stepped on the gas (extremely light acceleration). When I got on a strightaway I slowly built up boost and at 4lbs the alky light came on red (it was never green). I backed off and stayed out of boost until I reached my destination (about 30mi). Once there I turned the car off turned the key to the ACC position and hit the test button. The Power injection light and the red light came on. When I got back on the road the problem was still there. It seems like the kit is not spraying.

The only things I did since I initially installed the alky and tested it was perform a a top-engine clean using Seafoam (following the directions on GNTTYPE) and switch out some vacuum lines (as Razor suggested in a thread I read). He suggested teeing the boost gauge off the vacuum line going to the canister and running a line straight from the last vacuum port to the 3 bar map. I did as suggested running the existing hard vacuum line to MAP and moving the boost gauge tee to the other side. I have not driven the car since the initial test.

I don't think any of this should have caused this problem, but I this point I don't know.

Where should I start troubleshooting?

Thanks

Put the knob on 8,, with engine running press the test button and it should stumble the engine. If it does, go for test run and watch the led.. leave the knob on 8 while doing these tests..

The test button is used to purge the kit and test it. If the car doesnt stumble or change in air fuel.. dont beat on it.

HTH
Report back.

Ok...

I put the knob on eight and started the car. I then hit the test button and the engine stumbled. I took the car out and did some three quarter throttle runs.

On every run (with ten or so seconds between tries) the light would start in red at about 4lbs then turn green. I had retard each time (before it turned green) with the Scanmaster showing a top of 3.3 degrees and Caspers knock gauge going 2/3 bulbs red before I got off it.

What's next?

If the LED is changing to green.. that means the pump is making at least 40 PSI alcohol pressure. Meaning the alky is definately spraying into the engine.

If the alky is spraying, and your getting knock.. then you need to start figuring out if its real or false. A simple broken motor mount can cuase that knock sensor to go crazy.

Chasing knock is process of elimination. First things first.. lower boost to what should be a safe level based on the fuel you use. Then work on figuring out what is cuasing it.Hundreds of things can cuase knock. Look at your O2's when you get into boost.. make sure they are where they need to be.

I do all my personal testing in 2nd or 3rd gear rolling into the throttle looking at O2 levels and watching the light changing on the alky kit.

Understand the alky kit provides octane when it sprays, but cant fix false knock. Recently I had a customer chase false knock and it ended up being his tail pipe banging on the rear end.