Razor - Recipe ?

BLACK DEATH DSR

RAZOR here is the new thread you said I should start for your recipe. I dont know what direction I want to go. Give me some ideas on what way to go or a cost. I think it will help in my decision. Thanks

First thing is make sure the engine is sound mechanically. Has no abnormal noises, great oil pressure, plugs look even, compression/leakdown test shows cylinders are in proper shape, etc..

At this point put a scantool on the car.. ie, scanmasterII. Go through and make sure no trouble codes or abnormailities pop up. This subject in itself the search function on this board will guide you. Typically I look at BL and proceed from there.

Then come the usual stuff like spring cleaning.. IC, TB, injectors, plugs, wires, fuel pump, fuel filter, oil/filter, flush radiator, etc... Replace rotten vacuum hoses/check valves/PCV.

If condition is unknown, replace the O2 sensor with a AC Delco AFS20.

At this point.. car should be in working order.

Now my recommended mods would be the updated Walbro fuel pump/XP, a hot wire kit for it, a 160 thermostat, a test pipe with dump, an adjustable wastegate actuator, new set of valve springs, RJC plate, a downpipe 3 inch integral, open KN filter on the end of the MAF pipe. Remove one screen from MAF(leaving one), A set of upgraded injectors like 50's, set of drag radials, alky system, chip to complement the alky system, engine tie down/poly mounts.. thats it.

Proceed to start doing low boost like 15 PSI WOT tuning.. making sure no knock is picked up on the scantool. if it passes this test.. play with the tuneup until a little KR is picked up. Then back it down. When I say play, that would mean adjusting boost/fuel pressure.

So far so good.. now add the injection kit and chip... start cranking the rod and the fun starts. The fastest stock turbo TR ran 11.37 on a stock turbo. That recipe is in this section of the board. Ed Brewer's car. Was done last winter. A high 11 is very doable if your on top of your game with a stock turbo and the mods/conditions listed above.

You have to be on top of your engines tune to get numbers.. period.

HTH :wink:

Thanks, that is exactly what I am looking for, but slower at this time. thia should not cost too much. Is the stock intercooler good enough for this recipe?

BLACK DEATH DSR said:
Thanks, that is exactly what I am looking for, but slower at this time. thia should not cost too much. Is the stock intercooler good enough for this recipe?

Absolutely.