Razor.... Gots me some tach flutter and some other issues

Jer

So, I finally got my vacuum leak problem figured out (after two months of my Ty just sitting) and it was an end tank on my intercooler. So, I got that taken care of (sort of, need to have some fab'ing/welding done) and while I was driving around I noticed that I was getting some tach flutter. Another thing I noticed is that my scan tool display would give the error that the cable was not connected and it seems to coincide with the tach flutter. I'm not getting a decrease in power like some people claim (that I notice anyway) but just the flutter/electrical interference. So, is this some interference that is being generated by the alky kit and do you think it's causing both issues? More importantly, what's the fix you said you had if I got it so I can see if it solves it?

In case you forget, I have a scan tool hard wired into the diagnostic port and it's mounted in my glove box with the display remotely mounted in a box on the dash above the CD player so I can keep an eye on whatever four sensors I want. Well, this makes it hard to keep an eye on my O2's as well as some other things. I also am meeting some people over an hour away this weekend and need to make sure that I'm not having electrical problems when I arrive because the purpose of the day is to tune my truck w/DM software. If I'm having electrical problems or the diagnostic port is affected it might make for a wasted trip which I would hate.

So, what can you suggest here?

IF your getting tach flutter only with the alky spraying... the fix is run a relay switched power source from under the hood. Similar situation exists with Buicks running T-link.

I have a relay/fuse holder/wiring I can send you that will fix that rite up.

Can you also tell me if the twisted red/black power wires coming from the power distribution box has a 2 inch section of heat shrink with a round cyliner like thing there?

Drop me a note to my email with your addy, i'll send that rite out.

Ignition system issues on the trucks can also do the tach flutter deal.

I'll check that out tomorrow. I know about the ignition problems too as I did tons of research before I posted here and am relatively sure it's not my ignition but also know how to remedy that if it becomes that. Thanks and talk to you tomorrow.

I don't see a small cylinder thingy on there. What do I need to do to fix this up?

Originally posted by Jer
I don't see a small cylinder thingy on there. What do I need to do to fix this up?

Drop me a note to my email with your addy, i'll send that rite out

:D

How did you ship this stuff Razor? I ask because it's Thursday and I got both FedEx and USPS already and nothing from you yet. Also, what day did it go out? I have a deadline to have this thing tuned in quickly approaching and this is obviously a hurdle that must be cleared before I can start tuning. Thanks.

Shipped out yesterday via USPS Priority Mail... should of let me know you were in a hurry...

Quick fix... run power to the controller straight from the Batt terminal on the firewall. You'll need to switch system on/off manually. Or wait for my package.

Originally posted by Razor
Shipped out yesterday via USPS Priority Mail... should of let me know you were in a hurry...

Quick fix... run power to the controller straight from the Batt terminal on the firewall. You'll need to switch system on/off manually. Or wait for my package.

Oh, my bad. When you said right out above I just assumed you would send that stuff Monday so I was trying to be patient and not rush you or pester you assuming you had already sent them.

Did you send instructions too so that when it all shows up I can make the changes and not have to contact you again.

Either way, I should have it tomorrow or Saturday and it should give me enough time to install it and correct the problem before Sunday so I can plan to meet up with everyone in Denver (about an hour and a half away) to get my new Datamaster cable and some tuning tips to dial this in. I have a buddy coming by Saturday to help me weld up the new FMIC so I was hoping to have these parts in by then as it would be one less thing to worry about on Saturday. I'm sure it'll work out though, I tend to work better under pressure anyway. ;)

Thanks again for all your help and I really appreciate your customer service so far after the sale. I'll be starting my Supra pretty soon and will most likely come to you for that alky kit as well.

I got the package today. Thank you SO much. I sent an email regardinging some questions I have to your email address. Please reply to that as soon as you are able to. Thanks.