Razor Alky Kit For 02 Trans Am

marred4life

Banned
I RECENTLY BOUGHT A 02 TRANS AM WITH THE LS1 ENGINE AND WANTED TO KNOW IF I CAN RUN A RAZORS ALKY KIT ON IT, MY ENGINE IS BONE STOCK, :confused:

It would make more sense if it was turbocharged or supercharged, but I guess you could get one if you wanted to advance the timing alot :confused:

Can you set the alcky to come on under no boost? Because if you leaned that motor out and jumped the timing up four to six degrees you would tell a difference. You would have to have some sort of tuning device though. I bet with alcohol and proper tuning you could gain 20hp or so.

not trying to take a sale away from Razor or anything but i think on a stock Ls1 there are many other parts i would consider that will see some big gains with out much hassle.

agreed....get an air lid or if its an auto get a stall. For the same money you could get a used dry n20 kit. Once you go turbo or s/c ...get the alky kit!!!

The exception to this would be if the motor ran way higher compression like 13:1.. and nitrous.. and on top of that wanted additional timing on pump gas.. this is in the near future.. not yet :redface:

On a stock LS1... there is practically no benefit using alky injection.

HTH