Rare 86 GN I saw?

Chris Cornett

I seen an 86 GN today on the side of the road for sale. I stopped to look at it and it was very clean in and out. The car is showing 63K miles. Here is the wierd part. This is only the 2nd GN I have ever seen with manual windows and locks. It looks funny to see window cranks and no CS II pods on the doors. If anyone is interested I can get more info.

Mine has manual cranks & locks too.

On car fax it states all buick t-type regals came with auto windows. Not so.

My gn is extremly lightweight no added options except me the driver :)

Thats how my familys 86 GN is as well, its weird to go from mine wtih power everything, to the bare bones 86, not even a defroster or CSII. It has absolutly no options including no posi. It also feels a lot less boaty as well, compared to my GN, and mine has new suspension and the 86 has 146,000 on all origianl parts lol.

mine dosent have power seat, cruise control or rear deforst.. seems like i dont have power options.. lot of people tell me that they thought 'those things' were a standard...

oh well

Wasn't there a thread a few weeks ago about the how rare a crank window car was?
I also owned an 86GN with manual windows and locks

MY 86 gn has crank windows,no power seat,exept the one I added,
I do have power locks,rear defogger,but no CSII,dont know how rare but talk about weird.

Originally posted by Vendor Defendor
mine dosent have power seat, cruise control or rear deforst.. seems like i dont have power options.. lot of people tell me that they thought 'those things' were a standard...

oh well
At this year's Nats, I saw a very low-mile '87 GN (from NJ I think) in the car show that didn't have cruise control. Of the hundreds of GNs that I've seen over the years, that struck me as odd. I had never seen one without that before. :p

Vendor Defendor, Our cars are almost twins :eek: ! Mine doesn't have cruise, rear defrost, powers seats, remote passenger mirrow, or posi. But it does have T-tops :mad: . I'm even running the same wheels as yours.

Originally posted by Ironlung
Vendor Defendor, Our cars are almost twins :eek: ! Mine doesn't have cruise, rear defrost, powers seats, remote passenger mirrow, or posi. But it does have T-tops :mad: . I'm even running the same wheels as yours.

I have posi and remote power windows.. i win! ;)

do you have any luck with those wheels? my fronts (3 of them)have bent or broken... i am actually heading down to a rim place right now to see if it can be fixed...

-Neil

Oh yeah, my bumper fillers are falling out as we speak ;) !

I haven't had much luck with Weld wheels. I had one set that warped easily and the replacement ones cracked around the lug holes. If I buy wheels now, I go with Centerlines' billet series. The Drag Stars came on another car I bought and suprisingly I haven't had any trouble with them. Rod Lights are the one's that gave me the trouble, and there my all time favorite wheel design :mad: .

i think my car is kinda rare but i dunno
posi
concert sounds 2
no rear defrog
power windows
power locks
no cruise
and its a 1984

My 86 GN also had no cruise and no power seats. I heard somewhere that with no cruise control you actually get a few more ponies out of the car. Is that true?

No power windows
No power locks
No concert sound
No power seats
No power trunk
No cruise control

hell no options at all pretty much :D