Rant & Rave... I Hate Effin Craigslist!!!

There have been a few instances of that happening in this area also. Mostly over "stupid-phones" for sale. Usually happens at a meeting place.

When anyone shows up on my ads, their phone number & license plate number is recorded.

Maybe... But the general I.Q. level seems to have really taken a dive lately.

Example: I have a flatbed trailer listed for sale. The ad describes the features & states that the bed is 16', overall trailer length is 20'. A guy calls me & asks if the trailer is 16' wide! WTH? Another guy calls & asks if I'll take less money for it without even seeing it, etc. Just a bunch of dumb ass crap!

Have you hauled cars on that trailer? I'm looking around for used trailers, and I'm trying to determine which style would work best for me.

Yes I have. It worked fine. Lowered cars would have a problem opening the doors without hitting the trailers fenders.

Trailer sold the other day. Buy a bigger & heavier capacity trailer than you think that you need. At least 7K to 10K GVW.

Thanks. I was hoping to find an older utility trailer, but they seem to hold their value pretty well.

They do hold their value. You might consider buying new. You want a dual axle trailer with electric brakes on all 4 wheels with battery back-up. 7K to 10K GVW with 10-ply trailer tires. A dove-tail or drop-tail trailer is easier to load a car unto, especially if the front of the car is low. Plus you will need loading ramps that are contained under the trailer & can be adjusted side to side for the vehicles track width. "Bearing Buddies" are a nice addition.

Most flat-bed trailers usually have a wood deck made out of 2X6 boards. They rot out fairly quick when exposed to extended rain or sunshine.

You might also consider an enclosed trailer with a 20' to 24' box. Make sure that you have a side door at the front of the trailer.

Most likely you will spend around $1,200.00+ for a used flat-bed trailer in OK condition. Consider that you may need to buy 4 new tires, might need to replace the decking & some lights. New trailers are about $2K or so.

Enclosed trailers run about $5K on up. Along with protecting the load, an enclosed trailer can double as a storage shed when not being used.

Thanks, I am definitely looking for a dual axle with electric brakes, I only recently bought something that can pull a trailer, and it already has the electric brake box installed. I could live with a wood deck trailer, but i'd prefer steel, and dove tail with ramps. I would LOVE an enclosed trailer, but I can't justify spending that kind of change on a trailer right now, so I'll have to get an open one for starters. I was hoping to find one around $1,200-1,500, it's good to hear they are out there. Guess I'll keep my eyes open and do some research on what I need. Thanks again for all the info.