Random changes to tune.

Rickerbucks

Ok This has happened often to know that 1. I'm not screwing up, and 2. it appears to be random.

I have three tables that are changing themselves at random and significantly. It has happened about 5 - 6 times.

It affects three table, the graphs for AE vs TPS position, AE vs change in TPS and AE ve change in MAP.

I create nicely blended curves (even though I'm not sure they are the RIGHT shape of curve) but I can come back to them later and find they are all 'crooked', they zig and zag and they are quite extreme.

I noticed a driveability issue that last 2 weeks and logs have been a little wierd and I went into some of the curves and found they were all different. It usually seems to affect 1, 2 or 3 points and I change them back.

As I say, this has happened a number of times and I'm SURE that I'm not changing them by accident.

Anyone?

Are you changing them off-line? I've had a PC corrupt my files before.

-Bob Cunningham

No. I just have the laptop and I bascially never make changes unless I'm online.It is the wierdest thing.

I have had the same problem recently. I would turn the car off. start it back up and would have running problems. One time I found 3 cells in the VE table that should have been in the mid 80s that had changed to 130. a different time, the car starting idleing high, went into my IAC vs tps screen and there was one point that was spiked 2x's where is should have been.

Someone else mentioned that will occur if you shut the car off without closing the communication with the ecu first.

REALLY. That might be it. I turn the car off whilst the car is still "online" all the time.

It happened again today so I'll try nd get in the habit of disconnecting before turning the car off.

YES these problems are a result of turning the ignition off while online. to avoid this simply hit F2 and go offline.

HTH
BigAl...