Ran out of Gas - Now won't start

Get a hold of Bob Bailey aka (TurboBob). He's the man that can fix it. Have to send him the ECM.

For now you can drive the car with the jumper until you send off the ECM. The pump will only run with the key on.

Your Welcome and good luck. :D Have a good Christmas.(y)

Rick

Get a hold of Bob Bailey aka (TurboBob). He's the man that can fix it. Have to send him the ECM.

For now you can drive the car with the jumper until you send off the ECM. The pump will only run with the key on.

Your Welcome and good luck. :D Have a good Christmas.(y)

Rick
So is this something that fails in the ecm?

So is this something that fails in the ecm?

Roger that. It usually means there is another problem like a bad solenoid or relay. So just fixing the ecm is not always a permanent fix. Have to find the cause or chances are it will happen again.

did you check the fuses? I think 2 wires are hot with key on at relay connector, then one goes to pump and the other goes to comp. I think the comp turns the ground on and off.

did you check the fuses? I think 2 wires are hot with key on at relay connector, then one goes to pump and the other goes to comp. I think the comp turns the ground on and off.

late to the show and may have missed it but as turbo tinker toy asked .. did anyone check the FP/inj fuse in the fuse block
easy check is key on is there 12v at the pink /blk wire at FP relay on passenger fender
http://vortexbuicks-etc.com/fuel_pump.htm

also is the SES lamp steady with key on .. if not you may have lost the ecm not just the prime circuit

also note a clicking relay doesn't mean its a working relay only that the coil is operational there's still a set of contacts that can get burnt up , you need to test the output with an input applied or if on bench with ohm meter
on yours once you are ecm is powered then check the green wire at FP relay for 12v when key is turned to on (its a prime signal and only lasts a few seconds then turns off then you need to key off wait ten seconds for prime to reset) relay should click if not check the coil ground (blk/wht) with an ohm meter (runs to back of pass head ) if that's all good relay should click if still no pump then test the input to the relay for 12v (pink/blk) if no 12v replace FP/inj fuse , now key on and check the output wire (can also check at the prime connector by alternator ) for 12v during the prime or listen for pump

you also need to verfiy the fuel pressure is above 26psi or youll mostlikely just flood the car trying to start because the pressure wont be high enough for good spray and fuel in droplet form doesnt burn well and can wet the plugs making starting nearly impossible (you can pull a plug and check )

if you have disconnected the OE fuel/oil sender connector and still have it hanging somewhere under the hood make sure the terminals in that crappy rubber connector end are not touching ground which could pop the FP inj fuse , just had another like that this week 1230151050.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the continued replies. After jumping it so the pump always runs, I'm satisfied with it just staying like that until I get the new pump and regulator. Whenever it does get shipped... 7 weeks and counting.

7weeks ! I waited 9days for power steering pressure hose and I was dieing . Hang in there.

Thanks for the continued replies. After jumping it so the pump always runs, I'm satisfied with it just staying like that until I get the new pump and regulator. Whenever it does get shipped... 7 weeks and counting.
? Where do you live, on the Moon?

Shipped to Michigan... Some sort of supplier problem with the fuel pump. That's what I get for paying without a guarantee delivery date I guess. Whole plan to get the GN running nice over the holiday break ruined. Lessons learned, will not order from them again. As a side note, am taking suggestions on a good website for general GN parts!

I personally have not had any problems with any of the venders for parts for our cars. One has always been as good as the other. Never had to wait more than a couple of days for anything. I do kinda favor Kirbans, most of the time they have what i need or can get it, plus only about 60 miles from me, thanks Gene.

Highway Stars is the gold standard for stock type parts along with Kirban as mentioned above. Both vendors will stand behind their parts unlike others. G-Body parts is to much of a risk to order from anymore.

Click on "vendors specials and vendors customer service".... Then click " vendors customer service".