Ran across this pic, anyone know any history of the car?

Joe 1320

Torqueus Maximus
This pic was posted regarding the PPG Pace cars, check out what is #2 in line behind the Vette. Anyone have any info on the car? What ever happened to it?

redontrack.jpg

I purchased several parts from ""this car"" from another board member several years ago. Some were lost in shipping. Purchased was thw fender vents and flares lost in shipping, wheels proto type fender vents and a plaque with some info on the ppg gnx. Member still has gauges and a few other parts. Story was that he purchased a gn with a bunch of parts as a package deal and all were parts were part of the deal.They came from the MI area. Thats all I know, I will post pic,s of the plaque, would be nice to finf more pic,s of this car. Could you send that pic to me and where you found it?? bootsgnx@hotmail.com ?? THANX KERRY

Check this out page 5 post #146 GNX ,Prototypes,Parts,Build Info, EXC (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)
X Ray And these are the parts I bought. THANX KERRY

That pic that I posted is all that I have at the moment. I am in contact with a guy who has been buying and restoring the PPG Pace Car Fieros. He has the yellow one, the blue and just picked up the red turbo car. I believe he also has a few other special ones too, like the widebody versions. Some of the PPG cars went to the crusher as they were not certified for street use and could not be sold to the public for use on the street. My guess is that the GNX got stripped and crushed. :(