RAN A C7 VETTE FROM LOUISIANA LAST NIGHT

gtfrede

Designated LSX Hater
And actually kept it at my rear bumper till we shutdown.
He was slowly creeping up on the top end (that was expected) but let me tell the story...
I went to watch some of the super chevy event last night and needed more octane so I took the Buick in order to get some race fuel while I was at the track....
I even told myself I was going to behave because I have been running the car hard the past week or so....but......as I was leaving about 9:30 or 10 there was a brand new white c7 sitting at the exit of the track off to the side with louisiana tags.
Of course as I slowly rolled by him I blipped the throttle just messing around and proceded to leave not expecting anything else and ready to get home.
Well I pulled out and layed into it checking my data making sure the new fuel agreed with the car because I went ahead and got 112 instead of 110 and it was sunoco and not vp like I normally run. Plus I had added a couple degrees of wot timing in all gears (23 in 1st and 2nd/ 22 in 3rd and 4th). Car was screaming and felt fantastic.
On with my story....all of the sudden I see some hid headlights coming up behind me that look very low to the ground....im thinking hell no that cant be that vette.....well sure as **** when I slowed down to cross the railroad tracks he was already up to me....
Knowing that it goes to four lanes after the next stop sign I started getting antsy.
Roll away from the stop sign and hang back waiting on him to see if he wanted to play a little which he didnt so I proceed to keep driving....At the light to turn on to 51 I see he gets in behind me....we pull out and there is literally nobody else on the road.
He gets up behind me and pulls to the other lane and starts easing into it which I start doing as well....I hear the throttle blip of his rev matching 7 speed so I try to push the pedal through the floorboard thinking in my head "im about to get beat by my first new LT1"
Turbo was already starting to build boost when I was rolling into it and when I stomped it she slammed second the hardest I have ever felt and pinned my to the seat....vettes nose is at my back bumper and I hear that dam thing screaming through a couple gears as Im ringing out third waiting on him to start pulling which really didnt happen to my suprise....when I realized we were dam near triple the speed limit I let off and he flew passed and on....he never slowed down to make another hit.
Made my night pretty interesting....

Last edited:
nice kill. be carefull which c7 you pick on sooner or later you will run into a modded one like youre gn is modded big turbo etc,etc that wiil break youre heart and believe me there out there. several guys I know going high 9,s low 10,s with 150-200 shot drag radials & a tune and no turbo. and that's only in a drag race. don't even try a stock one on a road coarse an average scca guy will lap youre ass. the new c7 z51 465hp is no joke the after market has modded lt1,s makin over 1000hp to the wheels! the stock 2015 zo6 makes 620hp and 635 tg. Iam ordering a procharged leguna blue 2015 7 speed c7- with tdr- trac data recorder w/ video play back. to add to my collection. to sleep next to my modded 87 GN aka black bitch & Black 69 z/28 which is 388 stroked and supercharged life is good!

/\ no doubt.

But nice kill.

ps. I bet he doesn't tell his vette buddys . lol

nice kill. be carefull which c7 you pick on sooner or later you will run into a modded one like youre gn is modded big turbo etc,etc that wiil break youre heart and believe me there out there. several guys I know going high 9,s low 10,s with 150-200 shot drag radials & a tune and no turbo. and that's only in a drag race. don't even try a stock one on a road coarse an average scca guy will lap youre ass. the new c7 z51 465hp is no joke the after market has modded lt1,s makin over 1000hp to the wheels! the stock 2015 zo6 makes 620hp and 635 tg. Iam ordering a procharged leguna blue 2015 7 speed c7- with tdr- trac data recorder w/ video play back. to add to my collection. to sleep next to my modded 87 GN aka black bitch & Black 69 z/28 which is 388 stroked and supercharged life is good!
When a $60k+ brand new Vette with thousands more put into it runs away from my 27 year old brick I wouldnt be heart broken at all. I'll just enjoy the show :)

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

When a $60k+ brand new Vette with thousands more put into it runs away from my 27 year old brick I wouldnt be heart broken at all. I'll just enjoy the show :)

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
Yeah,I could buy 5 or 6 of my TR's for the price of a new Vette.They are cool but I would rather have my TR's.;)

with what's done to your car I would gladly race even a modded one. But I would be running more than 20 lbs. of boost. That seems pretty low for a 6262 turbo?

It is unfortunately...thats with the wastegate rod maxed and boost solenoid hooked up....need a heavy duty actuator to get more boost out of it.