Ran a Blown GT

87we410877

I was messing around with my friend in his 04 mustang GT with a vortec supercharger, headers, cat back, TB, MAF, injectors, 4.10's, short throw, basicallly every bolt on. The car is quick. I was at 10-15 lbs and he was at 8-10. Ran from a 2nd gear roll the first time and we both spun and bounced off the rev limiter. No dice. Second time, i pulled him by about a car and a half. Still spinning all over the place. Third time i decided not to spool up using the brake to try to prevent spinning but turbo lag took efeect and he got the jump. Thats it. short at sweet.

yeah thats right, i smoked you. trying to make it sound like we didn't run like 6 times. turn up the boost already!!!

yeah thats right, i smoked you. trying to make it sound like we didn't run like 6 times. turn up the boost already!!!

I dont care what you say guy.... my car has like 400 billion horse power to the left inner tire and your stupid mustang looks like a pumpkin ok Cindarella?

You were running 10-15 psi? Thats a big difference between the 2 and can mean alot of hp. Get it tuned before you race or you wont be reaching the cars potential.

I'm NOT picking on anyone, BUT I just have to ask this.

With all the fairly quick cars on the road now days, WHY would anyone race someone in any GN that wasn't running at least 15 lbs. Even stock, I NEVER had it less than 16-17.

You just open yourself (and the rest of us HA HA) up to stupid typical Mustang drivers that will go to the trouble to join our board so he can tell the world he beat a GN at 12 lbs boost. NOTHING to really brag about I don't think. I hate to think how many people in person or on the Mustang board he has 'bragged' to.

Get that puppy running good at 16 lbs and wax his ass.

Looks like a Pumpkin? - I LIKE THAT hee hee

a stupid mustang owner hunh? actually im his best friend and have had alot of other cars. In reality i hate ford and the 2-valve mod-motor sucks. i love the stereotype though. Bragging to the world how i beat a GN, and on other boards to other men his stick it to each other with ford emblems...keep telling yourself that. O and you should read my post before you go about shooting hate messages. I told him to turn up the boost and i occasionaly gave him a hand putting his car together. Actually keep on shooting over some hate messages, I find it pretty humorous. Not your typical ford owner here tough guy :)

Hey mustang boy!

You have no idea what that combo is capable of. If U did U certainly wouldn't be running ur mouth in the form of ur post. We dont act that way here on this board. You are always welcome, but please take the time to read thru a few posts and get a feel for the way the Buick community conducts ourselves. The word classs comes to mind not @ss. Thanks and if u ever bring that car to Chicago, PM me and we will hook up ;) .

You were running 10-15 psi? Thats a big difference between the 2 and can mean alot of hp. Get it tuned before you race or you wont be reaching the cars potential.

I had a garbage boost controller in at the time. Wouldnt keep it steady. I am getting it tuned at the track in april.

You have no idea what that combo is capable of. If U did U certainly wouldn't be running ur mouth in the form of ur post. We dont act that way here on this board. You are always welcome, but please take the time to read thru a few posts and get a feel for the way the Buick community conducts ourselves. The word classs comes to mind not @ss. Thanks and if u ever bring that car to Chicago, PM me and we will hook up ;) .

was joking with him guys. i helped him build the car and i will be behind him when he runs his first single digit. i know exactly what the car is capable of. Chicago hunh?

I'm NOT picking on anyone, BUT I just have to ask this.

With all the fairly quick cars on the road now days, WHY would anyone race someone in any GN that wasn't running at least 15 lbs. Even stock, I NEVER had it less than 16-17.

You just open yourself (and the rest of us HA HA) up to stupid typical Mustang drivers that will go to the trouble to join our board so he can tell the world he beat a GN at 12 lbs boost. NOTHING to really brag about I don't think. I hate to think how many people in person or on the Mustang board he has 'bragged' to.

Get that puppy running good at 16 lbs and wax his ass.

Looks like a Pumpkin? - I LIKE THAT hee hee

1.My GN runs 12.80's at 6-8 lbs untuned i think that is pretty ok for the street.

2. He deffinately is not the typical mustang driver (except when he hangs out with phill) and doesn't go bragging about beating anything. He bought the car as a daily driver and because of the addiction we all have ended up putting a blower on it. He still drives the s#$t out of the thing like its a civic. And unlike my GN thats his only car and his get around town thing so i give him props for that untill i convince him to blow it up.

3. 16 lbs tuned should beat him by more than enough. Only one way to find out though. Track rental!!!

4. Yea it does look like a pumpkin. HAHAHAHAH. By the way, his names matt and he's single. ;) :p

Your car should HAUL. GN1's, BB 70, FM, FAST...Sheesh...atleast a 10 second car tuned.

Jason

Your car should HAUL. GN1's, BB 70, FM, FAST...Sheesh...atleast a 10 second car tuned.

Jason

I know. I cant wait to hit the track and see how it feals launching on a 10.5 slick at 12 lbs. I think im going to break somethig. :biggrin: People have gone 9's with less so im hoping for 10.10 - 10.20's.

Matts car :

Attachments

• matts1.jpg
    matts1.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 325
I like angle 2 better. You can really see the nice paint job ;) . Nice stang, ever thought about investing in a GN or TR?

I dont know what I want to build next. I am trying to hold out for the new Trans am/GTO but i honestly don't think i can wait that long....:( I used to own a 01 ws6 car. I loved that thing, unfortunately i was hit by a drunk driver and sold it afterwards. Those LS based motors breath pretty heavy up top for a N/A motor amd its a great base for alot of things. Well see what happens...

Geez, some of the Buick people are getting defensive about this whole thing. Sounds to me like the guys are best friends and just bustin each others balls in a friendly manner.

Geez, some of the Buick people are getting defensive about this whole thing. Sounds to me like the guys are best friends and just bustin each others balls in a friendly manner.

At least someone sees it. hahah. Make fun but dont take the fun out of it.