Ramcharger's dual fans????

blown sn-95

how well do the dual fan set up's work?
I have a front mount, will this help keep the temp down?
thanks for the help!

;)

with stock fan, front mount intercooler, and new aluminum
radiator, my temps usually would climb over 200* on a warm
day. after the rc dual fan install temps haven't gone over 170*
and usually cruising they stay about 165*

Now lets be realistic here...:D . a/c or not

If you plan on using the a/c in stop and go traffic with the front mount. The stock fan is not going to cut it, the ramchargers fans are awesome and they are a very common part of any cooling package that gets put together in trying to keeps these motors cool w/ the FMIC.

The a/c use really throws in a kicker. It contributes alot more heat into the picture and will make or break the overall cooling results.

The least the combo with a FMIC should be, are the ramchargers fans with the harness adapter, Nick Micales/ Holmes/Be cool/F body(need ext eng oil cooler)/griffith or summits(aluminum) with external coolers)/custom core radiator, 160 t stat, distilled water, RMI-25, flow kooler water pump and the entrance to the front of everything boxed 360 degrees to channel the air in(this is very important and will surprise u).

Good luck

I got an f-body radiator because of price but I also put on an aftermarket oil and tranny cooler as well. Temps during stop and go driving with A/C on in 90+ degree weather stay right around 164. If the temps get to 173 the fans kick on and bring it right down to 162, where they turn off, within a couple minutes. It's a good setup.

I'll be ordering my Ramcharger dual fan set up on Monday. Is there any specific "kit" or parts needed for the install? I don't want to drill a bunch of holes in the car. Can't wait to get these fans on!

Do a search, there were pics posted.
I only drilled into the new fan shroud.
Great upgrade!

Does anyone know if and when they may have the Ramcharger dual fan setup on sale? I know I have seen them advertize specials before. Is the special plug in harness worth the money?

paul

The fans will have 4 tabs on them(u will see) cut 3 off leaving the upper left one then it will fit right in the core between the tanks might have to file it down a bit, the adapter that I spoke of is for the fan to oem harness(elec).

As far as radiator the fbody will require you to get both the engine oil and trans coolers seperate..(more expense). The Holmes or Arizona GN radiator is very good and uses the stock end tanks.

This past weekend it was in the 80 degree temps, and humid/muggy here. In stop and go traffic the temps topped at 160 without the A/C on, and the highest I ever saw with the A/C on was 168. With the A/C on and regular driving it was in the real low 160's. This is with the Ramchargers setup and a stock radiator.