Ralph's Dyno Videos

Thats were you are mistaken homie, most supras in the 650rwhp range will go low 10's and even break into the 9's with a good driver, which I am not claiming to be, if your asking about my combo,Shhhhhhh, its a secret. ;)

Yeah but Supra's are like buttholes, everybody has one:p:biggrin::eek::D

Thats were you are mistaken homie, most supras in the 650rwhp range will go low 10's and even break into the 9's with a good driver, which I am not claiming to be, if your asking about my combo,Shhhhhhh, its a secret. ;)

650rwhp that goes no damn where:biggrin:

Please hush that supra noise on a real car board:biggrin:

My initial observation from your Dyno pulls is that..

1- Your car should be making at least 50 more RWHP.

2- The engine is screaming hard but power is low.

3- you need a tighter convertor because that covertor you have in there is slipping hard robbing you of big power.

4- If you cant turn the boost past 25 psi, you must be having tons of back pressure from having too small of exhaust housing.

I recommend that you do the following and you will gain at least 50 to 70 rwhp just by making this 2 changes.

1st- Get rid of the old school 3,800 art carr convertor which I can guarantee is more like 4,400 stall from personal experience and get a PTC from dusty around 3,200 stall NL.

2nd- Get a .96 AR housing to help release all the back pressure that you are getting from that small .81 housing, Retune and watch the power go over 720rwhp at the same boost level. ;)
Just my opinion. :D

A larger exhaust housing was discussed and put on the back burner. This is more a street car then a race car and we still want it to be responsive on the street. The converter as I stated in my previous post is on the way. I would expect Ralph's sixty foot times, et and mph to get better with the new PTC converter.
According to Pete, when they did the dyno in Hesperia it was 105F so I would also expect higher numbers in a more reasonable climate.
Jeff

LOL..... that's what ALL Supra owners say yet I have yet to EVER see one break into the 10's around here let alone the 9's. Im sure there are some that can but I have yet to see any. I see TR's do it just about every time I go to the track.

No I was referring to the combo of the Muscle car.....:p I do like Supras tho. Would be one of my favorite cars to go drifting in.:p:eek:

Im betten Chicken will be looken to see if u can back up what ur claiming. That's if ur not too Chicken:tongue: to race him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfh-QPEWGr0
only 15lbs
ptc converter coming btw

brent great read, mark said my car had a tranny leak and the fluid was getting blown from the front dyno fan.
but there was no slipping. Boost will have more adjusting after a fuel issue get tuned out.
tuning started at 12 and ended before 4pm that day, 18 runs, 105 degree plus tuning.
"what an experience tuning with Pete (quantum; cosmic clearance) and Mike the dyno owner, amazing what
F.A.S.T. can do in such challenging conditions. Learning + challenging environment + zero drama = best experience ever" - Mark

thanx for everybody's support the Buick community is the best

Yeah but Supra's are like buttholes, everybody has one:p:biggrin::eek::D

There is a lot less buttholes in the supra world than there is in the GN buick world, only about 11,000 mark IV's where made since 1993.5 to 2002 and they stopped the Import of supras to the US in 1998 which means there is only about 9,000 buttholes in the US alone if not less, in 1987 there were over 20,000 turbo buicks made, which makes it twice the amount of buttholes GN owners out there, and yes everyone can afford a Buick unlike supra's, not everyone owns one because they are so expensive to buy and to mod., SO THEREEEE. LOL.

Learning + challenging environment + zero drama = best experience ever"

The drama won't start until you have to digg really deep in your pockets to fix it again once it breaks, I was also very amazed at the Talent you got tunning on your car OMG!!! I am so green with envy.. :)

650rwhp that goes no damn where:biggrin:

Please hush that supra noise on a real car board:biggrin:

You should try to line up with one of them badboys from Titan or Boostlogic, and find out for yourself if their SUPRA Race cars don't go anywhere.. :biggrin:

A larger exhaust housing was discussed and put on the back burner. This is more a street car then a race car and we still want it to be responsive on the street.

Jeff correct me if Im wrong, but doesnt that car have a Dual Ball Bearing PT.70, and fully ported alluminum heads, if that's the case I would assume that going to a .96 wont really affect the spool up or street manners whatsoever and it should benefit greatly from a bigger AR Housing by helping relief back pressure and increasing the MPH on the BIG end, then again I could be wrong.

You should try to line up with one of them badboys from Titan or Boostlogic, and find out for yourself if their SUPRA Race cars don't go anywhere.. :biggrin:

when Titan wanted to go fast they had a Buick guy (Duttwieler) build the engines (1fz-fe) for their race cars. :biggrin:

How about we take your 650rwhp Supra and run a 650rwhp Buick?

Why bring a knife to a gun fight :biggrin:

3213121275_9f9a0484f6.jpg

How about we take your 650rwhp Supra and run a 650rwhp Buick?

Sure as long as they agree to a best 3 out of 3 back to back without cooldown time, and with an original stock bottom end 109 block, its only fair as I will be also with an original stock bottom end engine with only a single turbo and cams. :biggrin:

when Titan wanted to go fast they had a Buick guy (Duttwieler) build the engines (1fz-fe) for their race cars. :biggrin:

Duttwieler will built anything you want as long as you have deep pockets and throw alot of money at him.. :) but if memory serves Titan has thier own machine shop on site and built thier own motors. ;)

Sure as long as they agree to a best 3 out of 3 back to back without cooldown time, and with an original stock bottom end 109 block, its only fair as I will be also with an original stock bottom end engine with only a single turbo and cams. :biggrin:

If a bull frog had wings he wouldn't bump his azz when he hops...

Excuses, excuses...

Heads up, nothing else matters...