Radiator recommendation.

Hi all,

I need a little advise. My radiator seems to be a little hydrophobic, it can't stand the fact that it needs to be water tight. Any way, I figure I have two options. 1) I can have my current (i.e. stock) radiator re-cored, or 2) buy an aftermarket radiator. If I was to get an aftermarket radiator I would prefer to keep a stock type setup. In other words, keep both the oil and trans cooler in the radiator. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,

Ryan

The only after-market rad that has both oil & tranny cooler is the BeCool, a super-pricey welded aluminum rad (around $600 I think).

Popular upgrade rads include the F-body aluminum/plastic rads, price ranges from $100 to 150 depending whether it's original GM or aftermarket. With the right part #, it will come with tranny cooler but NOT engine oil cooler. Otehrwise, these aluminum rads are very nice becuase they are superlight and said to cool better than the original 86-87 rads.

If you want the original stock location oil & tranny coolers, then you should consider having the stock rad's core replaced and/or do other necessary repairs .

Nick Micale (ArizonaGN on the board) is one popular source for high effciency core replacements.

I took my stock radiator to a local shop and they put a four row core in it with out problem. I have a 160 thermostat and it stays there.

Cost about $150.00 4 years ago.