Rack & Pinion Steering.

they say you will NOT need to do all that cutting and weld in that tube section to install it, that is just how they opted to do it for the car that frame belongs to.
apparently you can use the mounts that are welded to that tube crossmember section and weld them directly to the stock crossmember to install this setup.

i was wondering why they cut the crossmember??? how does the steering shaft go throught the frame??? what other racks can be used??

mybuick said:
i was wondering why they cut the crossmember??? how does the steering shaft go throught the frame??? what other racks can be used??

They cut the crossmember for oil pan clearance..

If you guys ever want any TRZ Products or have any detailed questions please let me know!

you have to cut the hole in the frame to run the steering shaft through it. right now they are using a narrowed pinto rack (i think flaming river). the setup is not available yet and as far as i know there has been no testing with power steering but i would assume if all works out they would eventuially come up with a power setup

I know the engine doest have to come out but bolting that to your stock k memeber would look like $hit.