Racing question

tommyguns

Ive noticed on Youtube and Streetfire, that sometimes at the dragstrip, some cars will have the light count down to green and cars will sit there and build boost I assume. But the cars dont take off when the light turns green, is this a technique? What is the purpose of this? Thanx.

My guess is they wait until they have enough boost under their belts the get the most outta their run. The time starts when you cross the beams. Technically you could sit there for 20 minutes but your reaction time will be way off.

That's is a time tested technique called Second place.
A lot of people use it to start.......:biggrin:

Usually done when you are not racing the guy next to you and like mentioned above, trying to get the best out of your run. R/T matters not when you aren't racing anyone.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that technique was used to give the guy in the lane beside you a chance.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that technique was used to give the guy in the lane beside you a chance.

:confused: I guess I'm in the dark on this one. I'd like to learn more about this technique. I need to teach it to some of my competitors. Where's Scott?

Buick guys specialize in this form of racing. Most are watching the boost gauge instead of the tree.

If you've ever been to BG you will see plenty of it.

That's what I do...I could care less about reaction time...I want to build a specific amount of boost to launch...trying to time that and the lights is way too difficult...almost always the other car leaves before me but I still end up beating the other car most of them...it's fun flying by them at half track...if you really care about reaction time and want a specific amount of boost best bet would be to get a 2-step...

You can also trip the pre stage light, build boost on the foot brake, inch the car forward into the stage lights, go into the transbrake, take you foot off the brake, and launch w/ the tranbrake. I left way to hard here spun off the line with a horrible 60ft. :frown: Oh.. and DIS-4 took a crap so no 2 step. Chris Hogeland got me in the lights. This was in 07

This was the Motor
e330856f.jpg