Racers Interested in TSO Wanted!

TurboDiverArt

The Guru Thorn
Hi All,

There has been some talk in the Turbo Street Outlaw circles of possibly amending the current 2006 rules to allow other racers to enter the class. If you are interested in Racing TSO please review the current 2006 rules and point out areas where your car does not meet the current rules. The current TSO racers will review the potential changes and made a decision to amend the rules.

http://www.buickhorsepower.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=23&Itemid=33

The first step of the process is to identify racers interested in the class and see where the rules need to be amended to allow them in. We want additional racers in the class. TSO races are currently held at various Buick events such as BG, Norwalk, Indy and Salem. We would like to expand the class to include more cars and possibly add additional race venues. This can only happen with additional racer participation.

The current thinking is not to increase the allowable power levels of the class. Additionally, the thinking is to keep within the general guidelines of the current Turbo size, intercooler restrictions, tire size, weight and suspension limitations. This is not to say that one or more of these general restrictions could not be lifted if there was enough interest.

Please let us know what you think and where your current or planned combination will not meet the current rules. Eventually there will a general rule discussion on one of the bulletin boards and I’ll post a link here so others can watch and participate.

Thanks,
Art Paltz

Art, I tried.........but it just turned into a Quagmire.

I have a Lexan windshield, and didn't have a full exhaust. I busted my arse to install inner fenders, a passenger seat, and make the 3300# weight. The guys with strictly illegal turbos wanted to use me as the reason they should be allowed to run.

The whole TSO experience kinda left me cold.

Dave

turbodave231 said:
Art, I tried.........but it just turned into a Quagmire.

I have a Lexan windshield, and didn't have a full exhaust. I busted my arse to install inner fenders, a passenger seat, and make the 3300# weight. The guys with strictly illegal turbos wanted to use me as the reason they should be allowed to run.

The whole TSO experience kinda left me cold.

Dave
I'm sorry that happened to you Dave. I was hoping you would speak up and mention your car. People like you are the reason I'm hoping to make some rule changes for. If we can get some rule changes agreed to and allow your car to run legally I hope it hasn't soured you so much that you won't give it another try next year. Personally I'd like to see you run with us. It was nice meeting you at Salem this year.

Art.

I mentioned in my original post that I would post a link to the 2007 TSO rules discussion once it occurred. There is currently a lively discussion occurring at the following link. Sorry for cross linking to another board. If interested in racing TSO next year you are encouraged to join in the thread and have your opinion heard and help clarify any questions you may have regarding the rules.

2007 TSO Rules Discussion

Art.