Racereport, Tullinge Sweden 9-12-2004 (9,78)

mrsyclone

This weekend there was a big race in Stockholm, Sweden at Tullinge Raceway (Yes, it is a NHRA/FIA-approved raceway).

I went up early in the morning, at 2 pm. Tired as hell. Had over 300 miles to travel on way. And yes, drove the Sy as always.

First run:
9.89@141mph, 60ft: 1.56 sec.

Second run:
9.81@142mph, 60ft: 1,50 sec.

Third run:
9.78@142.3mph, 60ft: 1.4999 sec

Fourth run (after 2 hurs of waiting... :x ):
9.89@143mph, 60ft: 1.54 sec.

And for you who does'n know. My tryck is fully equipped with air conditioning, ABS, radio w. cd... and so on... And NEVER any NOS. Bottles is for the babies... :wink:

If I got time and money, I hope I can participate at Nat's next year. So all of you are welcome to race me then, off course without nitrous, that wouldn't be fair play... :lol:

This was my last real race this year, soon end of the season, and time for vacation. Hopefully I will meet som of you guys in the states next year at the Nat's.

Movie and timeslip at my website soon. http://www.syclone.org

Regards

Robert

Was the pass made at an official NHRA or IHRA track? What was the 1/8 mile et. and mph on the two passes? Does your top notch track have that recording device?

Originally posted by top gun
Enjoy your few weeks on top, we are turning up the boost!
:eek: :D

Nice:D

Hopefully I will meet you guys in the Nat's next year.
:)

Best Regards Robert

Originally posted by top gun
Was the pass made at an official NHRA or IHRA track? What was the 1/8 mile et. and mph on the two passes? Does your top notch track have that recording device?

The european tracks meet FIA requirements, FIA and NHRA timing requirements is identical. The 9.78@142.3 pass was made at a FIA approved track. Last weekend there was a top fuel race at the same track, the only tracks we got is the ones used in the European pro series. The only other tracks we got is plain tarmac airstrips or streets

Track prep is often much worse then US tracks!!!

BTW, is the last US 9s passes made on NHRA approved tracks?

Can we get over the "was the track/timing FIA approved" crap sometime this year? The track he runs at is approved as he has stated here and on the syty forum.

Jesus, ppl.... Rockingham thats located right here in the good ol USA is a "short" track by a few feet and everyone knows thats why you can run good numbers there so can we find a different dead horse to collectively beat on now?

The guy has a fast truck, worked hard to get it that way, drives it to the track and until someone else steps up to the plate to put down better numbers there isnt any freakin basis for arguement unless you just like flapping your gums to hear your head rattle.

You tell em Myclone. Congrats Robert!!! And yours isnt a stripped down trailer queen like some others!!!

Originally posted by Hiwinds
You tell em Myclone. Congrats Robert!!! And yours isnt a stripped down trailer queen like some others!!!

Hiwinds, how much more are the "others" stripped down, compared to Robert's Sy? I figured you might know because of what you wrote.

most have deleated the a/c, cruise control,abs,and so on. And they get towed to the track.
Robert's sy still has working a/c, abs, cruise AND drives to the track. If thats not impressive you need to find a different hobby.

Originally posted by Hiwinds
most have deleated the a/c, cruise control,abs,and so on. And they get towed to the track.
Robert's sy still has working a/c, abs, cruise AND drives to the track. If thats not impressive you need to find a different hobby.

Whoa, easy man I wasn't dissing your hero. His truck is impressive. (hope I can stay in the "hobby" now);) I thought maybe you knew how stripped out the other 9 sec sy's were, because of what you wrote before, thats all.
I didn't see a passanger seat in Roberts truck, and he has a glass hood (from his video). I guess he just decided to strip different stuff off his truck. My guess is his truck isn't much heavier than the other 9 sec sy's.

Originally posted by BADNEWZ
Whoa, easy man I wasn't dissing your hero. His truck is impressive. (hope I can stay in the "hobby" now);) I thought maybe you knew how stripped out the other 9 sec sy's were, because of what you wrote before, thats all.
I didn't see a passanger seat in Roberts truck, and he has a glass hood (from his video). I guess he just decided to strip different stuff off his truck. My guess is his truck isn't much heavier than the other 9 sec sy's.

I have a steel hood! It´s correct, I have only one raceseat in my car. The rest of the car is all stock.;)
Have a nice day:)

Whoa, easy man I wasn't dissing your hero. His truck is impressive. (hope I can stay in the "hobby" now)

I didnt take it as a diss. He isnt my hero he just has a quick truck. I said it was a hobby because very few can say they do it(racing) for a living.:)

Robert's truck is not only likely to be the heaviest of those in the 9s, but it has a 4 speed overdrive transmission and he drove it 600 miles to a race 2 or 3 months ago. How many others can say that? Or even the ones in the 10s for that matter. I certainly can't think of any that race regularly and don't arrive on a trailer, much less half a days drive away..

Furthermore, Robert's truck runs on pump gas and alcohol injection, not exotic $9/gal fuel that's "only fast while your wallet lasts". :rolleyes: I don't know of ANYONE else running a SyTy this fast on pumpgas/alcohol. Are there even any ones in the 10s? :confused:

Finally, to the clowns who chime in with retorts like these:
..you only sound jealous to try and find a way to discredit Robert's accomplishments. I have noticed that Robert treats everyone with class and remains respectful even when faced with these types of attacks. That alone is enough to make him the real "winner" in my mind, regardless of ET.