racegate install question

Dunebilly

I have a te-60 with an exhaust housing provision for the race gate. My question is can still I use my thdp I am using now and just get a separate exhaust dump for the racegate? I can't find much on exhaust dumps for the racegate anyone know where to get one?
thanks, George

anyone?? I'm at a loss with what I can find for options so far... I don't want to get a new downpipe if I can help it

Do u have a external or internal wastegate ? Have any pics?

When I had an external wastegate I had a muffler shop fabricate a dump pipe from the exit of the wastegate that snaked out the bottom of the car. It's TTA so there wasn't much for downpipe options anyway 20+ years ago.

the turbonetics housing can run a Tail evolution gate (not a racegate as thats a much larger unit) off the turbine housing

most just leave the cap on the the gate opening and run a wastegate actuator as stock did (youll probably have to bend the actuator rod a little and need an adjustable actuator )
just make sure your terry houston pipe puck covers the wastegate hole and if the wastegate hole is really small it may need porting

you could run run both the gate and a stock style wategate setup
or even run an external gate downpipe
choice is yours

Last edited:
I'll take some pics and show you what I'm working with

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

This is the turbo turbine that I have on the TE 60

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Attachments

• 1403801806165.jpg
    1403801806165.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 194
I have a te-60 with an exhaust housing provision for the race gate. My question is can still I use my thdp I am using now and just get a separate exhaust dump for the racegate? I can't find much on exhaust dumps for the racegate anyone know where to get one?
thanks, George

Do you mean something like this:
thanks, George

Do you mean something like this:

Attachments

• 152.JPG
    152.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 198
  • 153.JPG
    153.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 194
yes, just leave the cover on the exhaust housing and run an internal gate style DP

hi guys not to dig up and old time thread but if I fab a dump tube from my racegate outlet down to where my exhaust starts under the car does that affect any of my readings if it is after my wideband sensor? I have seen ones online but most were on stuff like supras here is a pic of what I mean
racegate resurc1.jpg

returnong before sensor , after or to atmosphere wont matter ,
its only open at or near boost limit when exhaust is pressurized.
air will leave but none can come in so it doesn't affect the a/f reading