Raced a GTR

hungerbuhler1

Its been a while since ive been here due to having motors built. Dropped car off in 2010 to get everything in my sig installed and it took 8 months. [Dynoed at 525hp 22lbs of boost]. Wasnt happy after a couple months so bought a built short block off a member here [not gonna mention name cause im over it] for 5k that was supposedly machined by Duttweiler and im guessing member installed crank & pistons. Well had all my stuff transfered over and installed in car. Car shook like a wet dog and would not balance. [Dynoed at 628hp 27lbs of boost] Pulled motor out to see what was going on and short block was assembled with an internal balance crank and external balancer was shipped with it. What a waiste of money!! Taught me not to buy over internet again. So got it worked out and assembled then installed. [Dynoed at 610hp 24lbs of boost] This time it took 10 months to get it back. So tuesday i pick it up and drive it a few miles around town and i have to say its a beast.

So last night i decided to take it to track and run it.

1st pass had no clue how to launch off transbrake and couldnt shift worth an f and it ran a 12.50 @ 117mph
2nd pass off foot brake it ran a 11.30 @ 127mph with a 2.12 60'
3rd pass of transbrake [5lbs of boost] ran a 10.80 @ 128mph with a 1.76 60' this was supposedly what anouncer said is fastest stock turbo GTR in FL. I did a crappy youtube vid and he might of had a slow takeoff and ran a 11.20@130mph. So he might win another time but not that one:D:D

I need to get 60' down and use to transbrake then turn it up and let her rip! Wondering what this car is capable of.

Good going! GTR's are awfully ugly looking cars but they look great in the rear view mirror!

So weres the video u did? Ur car seem like a beast. I just run 11.5 and im gud with that.. Now going 10's.. Wooow. Street driven car?

if you just get your 60' in the 1.5 range you'll be around 10.30 to 10.40. 45A turbo will go 10.00 no problem

Yes im going to try and go back this Friday and work on 60'. Hopefully nerves are less and i can relax and focus better.

Nice run; looks like he forgot to engage his launch control at the tree or fell asleep! What track was that at?

What was that recorded with a Motorola Razor? lol

Nice car....once you get that 60' Dialed in that car is going to rip all day!

What was that recorded with a Motorola Razor? lol

Nice car....once you get that 60' Dialed in that car is going to rip all day!
Lol no it was a iphone that a friend taped with then text to me so quality went down hill from there. I could not break a 2.00 60' last week so im going to try some slicks next week.