Race Gas

Jeff this is going to sound funny but I used to buy it there in Temecula.

I cant remember the name of it but you can call VP there in Wildomar and they will tell you. You are so close you can go by and talk to them.

It is on Monte Vista between Bundy Canyon Road and Baxter. There is a mobile home with lots of blue cans around it.

North side of the freeway. Same side you are on.

Order it soon or they wont have it there before this weekend.

Small world isn't it?

Reg, I use to buy the gas in Wildomar until OSA stepped in with some new regulation. Dave's speed in Temcula has VP but only C-12. The C-16 is not often stocked. Maybe a group purchase on a 55 gal. drum.
Jeff

Give them a call though because there is a guy who had a bunch of that at home. I was buying it from him. He lives in that same area you are in believe it or not.

Hope this helps.

See ya Saturday.

There is a supplier that I talked to about C-16 in San Dimas. $425 for a drum of C-16. That included drum fee, tax, excise tax (not sure why on the C-16), and of course the 54 (not 55) gallons of gas. If y'all want, I can find his phone #. It might take a while though as I forgot where I put it. Later, ERIC.

If we can get a few people together, I can have Richard Lee of Lee Performance order a drum and we can meet at his shop to pump it into 5 gal containers. His shop is located in Lake Elsinore just off the 15 Freeway.
Jeff Rand

Jeff
What kind of a price can we get on a drum? I might be interested in hafe of it if the price is right.

REG

Reg, I will have Richard get a price when he gets back into town. I think Neal and Jason would want some gas also if the price is right. I will let you know.
Jeff

Jeff

I might be interested in filling up a few five gallon cans with you if we can get a price break. Let us know the cost. Thanks.:)

not C-116, but...

Downs comm. fueling in Temecula has Sunaco 110 for $4.30
a gal. at the pump.

Re: not C-116, but...

Originally posted by 1BADDAM
a gal. at the pump.

Frank, that is a good price but I need the extra octane that the C-16 has to offer.
I spoke to Richard today and he will call VP tomorrow. He seems willing to help us out if we can give him the money when the gas is ordered and we don't leave any gas at his shop for him to deal with. I think there is also a $35 deposit on the drum.
Jeff
By the way Richard suggested not storing the gas in the car's gas tank for any length of time but instead put it in a sealed container.
Race gas degrades quickly when exposed to air.

Re: not C-116, but...

Originally posted by 1BADDAM
a gal. at the pump.
I know a few folks that run sky high compression and they are content with 110 Unocal. I ran C-16 for a while, but never had knock, so there was no comparison. I really think VP is just a rip. I have never had detonation with 110 Unocal at 26 psig and 19 degrees. I am gonna take it to 30 psig and 22 degrees.
I would love to hear what TURBOTR is running. Later, ERIC.