Race gas kill my o2??

richy rich

Richy Rich
Im using a "special" mix of pump & c116.After a few weeks I now notice the car runs rougher at idle.O2???-could I have killed my o2 sensor?Im using a Turbo tweak chip-& I "Thought" it no longer used the o2-but hey I could be wrong.

The Denso brand O2 is more lead friendly but it too will die if using leaded gas.

"Denso" ya say eh??OK-so Roughly how long should an o2 last while using race gas?I mix 1 gallon of c16 to 3/4 tank of pump 94,& man I can turn the boost up!Downside is it looks like Im replacing 02's-LOL.Rough idle-That a sighn of a bad 02?Am I loosing full throttle perf with a bad o2?

I made close to 80 passes last year with some driving, not much, with the caspers heated 02. All on 110 octane. Still functions properly. IMO I would get one of them.

"Denso" ya say eh??OK-so Roughly how long should an o2 last while using race gas?I mix 1 gallon of c16 to 3/4 tank of pump 94,& man I can turn the boost up!Downside is it looks like Im replacing 02's-LOL.Rough idle-That a sighn of a bad 02?Am I loosing full throttle perf with a bad o2?

I can get about 2000 miles out of the Denso's. I run a mix of 110 leaded and super unleaded 50\50. On my car when the O2 sensor starts going my idle BLM's will start to creep up and finaly hit 150. I then replace it and BLM's go back to 125-130. I have still have never had one throw a code or make the car run rough, but I change it as soon as the BLM's start to rise so maybe I'm not waiting long enough.

Another good reason for alky!

I would fill up with c16 about a mile from the track, get in 5 passes at the track and get about a mile or two away from the track before it would throw a code for bad 02 sensor. Put alky on the car and haven't used race gas in 5 years. Between $80-90 for c16 and $25 for a sensor, it doesn't take long to pay for an alky kit.

Another good reason for alky!

I would fill up with c16 about a mile from the track, get in 5 passes at the track and get about a mile or two away from the track before it would throw a code for bad 02 sensor. Put alky on the car and haven't used race gas in 5 years. Between $80-90 for c16 and $25 for a sensor, it doesn't take long to pay for an alky kit.

I second that. Alky all the way. I got tired of big $$ for race gas and mixing it and o2 sensors, etc......

The Denso Stainless 02 will last about 8 months in my talon and I ALWAYS run a mix of 5 gallons of 110 in it with 1k miles per month, those are for real.

The Denso's for us are cheap, so cheap I literally have one in the glove box of my GN waiting to go in since I started mixing 5 gallons of 110 in that also but with alky. :biggrin: