Quietest roller cam.

joyce1

Hi I presently have a comp 206 .496 lift roller cam with fwd lifter setup with t and d roller rockers.I just did the fwd lifter setup.Helped some but still more noise then I want.I'm thinking that lobe profile on the 206 is to aggressive and that is causing the noise.I was thinking about the 1X cam from Full Throttle it looks like alot less aggressive pofile.Has anyone used this cam.Thanks.

Hi I presently have a comp 206 .496 lift roller cam with fwd lifter setup with t and d roller rockers.I just did the fwd lifter setup.Helped some but still more noise then I want.I'm thinking that lobe profile on the 206 is to aggressive and that is causing the noise.I was thinking about the 1X cam from Full Throttle it looks like alot less aggressive pofile.Has anyone used this cam.Thanks.

Probably moreso the preload set on your lifters...what did you set the preload at? That cam doesn't have an aggressive profile at all....especially with a 496 lift...most cams are checking in at about 504 lift...my comp cams 212/212 roller has a 504 lift to it...

post more numbers from the cam, I'm not sure which lobe profile that is.

I had Comp make a 204/204 roller for me that has very mild lobes. There are other issues with the cam install that are creating noise, but I think it will be pretty quiet once I fix those.

Bob

Cam is a grind # BV69 258HR10.Serial No UG1567.I've tried 25, 50, 75 thuosands preload makes no differance.The noise is not real bad just that sewing machine sound.Everything in valvetrain is right.Back years ago I had a KB 1XT
flat tappet cam that made noise to.I swithed to a atr cam and was dead quiet.

I also have a sbc that I had a lt4 hot cam and was noisey.I put a comp cam
with about the same numbers and is dead quiet..

I think the lobe profile has something to do with the noise.Thanks

were you running the KB and ATR with the roller rockers?

the cam card should have lobe numbers on it, Comp has several different 206 roller lobes

Bob

No I did not have the roller rocker back then.I have the cam card right here only other number I see is part #69-200-8.Thanks.