Quick shifting trans

squeeze87

HI,
I noticed that when my car is cold the trans shifts normally. When it gets hot, taking off from a stop, the trans seems to shift almost instantaneously from 1st to third all in one shift. The TC seems to lock up at about 25-30 mph also, and the car lugs a little. If you give it some gas, it kicks down and drives normal, it's just from a dead stop when it acts weird and only when hot. Any thoughts?
THanks.

Add a click of tv and service with new fluid and filter. See if that helps. Also you may want to try to cool the trans even more with the addition of another cooler. Just a thought...

Bruce
WE4
www.ptsnctb.com

You might want to take a pressure check, take a look at the pressures when cold, then went hot. A worn pump may cause low line pressure when hot, causing lower shifts points.

sounds more to me like its going into lockup when it shifts which feels more like it goes strait to third.

serviced trans

Hi,
Changed fluid & filter and readjusted TV cable. Shifts great now.
I did notice some gray material around the magnet in the pan(I take it this is supposed to be there) Is this normal wear? I have no idea when the fluid was changed last. I just dont want to accelerate wear by making a tired trans shift harder.
Thanks!