Quick question

TType22

Hi I'm new to the forums. I had a question. I recent bout a 84 hot air it wasn't running when I bout. I got her home got her running and I noticed tht my driver side header was cherry red!! I I'm sure it's leaning out my guess is the injectors are stuck. Anyways. Question is can I run 38lbs injectors on the stock ecu? Or will I have to upgrade to a 86 ecu and a chip. Any help will do.

Hi I'm new to the forums. I had a question. I recent bout a 84 hot air it wasn't running when I bout. I got her home got her running and I noticed tht my driver side header was cherry red!! I I'm sure it's leaning out my guess is the injectors are stuck. Anyways. Question is can I run 38lbs injectors on the stock ecu? Or will I have to upgrade to a 86 ecu and a chip. Any help will do.

No. Upgrade to the 86/87 ecm and a new TT chip.

I have a 87 ecm with tt chip that I will sell for 80 shipped if you want it.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Keep in mind, the chip has to be burned for your specific injectors. And, the 87 ecm is not a simple "plug in and go" swap. It has been so long since I did one, but I do remember having to splice in the inlet air temp sensor as the 87 ecm requires it. Its not hard by any means, but do a quick search to learn the process. And if the above chip is not for the injectors you have, it is only good as a core to send back to Eric to reburn.

Keep in mind, the chip has to be burned for your specific injectors. And, the 87 ecm is not a simple "plug in and go" swap. It has been so long since I did one, but I do remember having to splice in the inlet air temp sensor as the 87 ecm requires it. Its not hard by any means, but do a quick search to learn the process. And if the above chip is not for the injectors you have, it is only good as a core to send back to Eric to reburn.
I appreciate the input. I'll search the tech pages