Quick question about my heat shield

Greyling

Hi Guys,

I'm going to be putting on a G-body parts down pipe here in a few days and was wondering if I'm going to have to modify my heat shield??? Asking because this afternoon I'm going to have access to a plasma cutter and I can take the shield along with me and zip it right off.

For some reason I recall there being a template for the T.H. style downpipes,.... :confused:

Thanks for any help/advice with this.

A-

Never Mind!!!! Just found the template on GNTTYPE... =]

I can't say for sure, but I believe that you will have to relieve the side very similar as with the THDP, and I would never use that template, as in my opinion it relieves too metal on the side for clearance.

Too Late! :D I took my buddies plasma cutter to it already. I looked at the template and took a swag at how much to cut off.

The thing is in my oven right now stinking up the house so the high temp crap I just sprayed on it'll cure. :confused: Hopefully the stuff won't burn right off. Looks nice. Supposedly it's rated to 1200 F.

LMAO...:eek: We bought an old oven and put in in the garage and it STILL stunk up my buddies house, and the garage was detached! I would be cautious of what I cooked in that thing for a while...