Quick ? for an elec. guru..

ok i am trying to understand i am not a wiring guru :
the 2 step need a ground to work

i thought when u hooked a wire to 87a it would be the same as 30 until u powered the coil and then it goes dead then once the coil is activated 30 and 87 were the same

Originally posted by meach13
ok i am trying to understand i am not a wiring guru :
the 2 step need a ground to work

i thought when u hooked a wire to 87a it would be the same as 30 until u powered the coil and then it goes dead then once the coil is activated 30 and 87 were the same

Sorry my bad. Just edited it.

Not sure if you got this running or not? :confused:

I was busy watching Hockey all last night college and then the pros. :)

Anyway here's somthing that should work if you haven't got a good working circuit yet.

Relay 1: Texas Two-Step Circuit Wiring.

Brake Switch +12 feed to UNbanded end of a diode

Banded end of same diode to pin 85 coil connection 1 of relay 1

Terminal 86 coil connection 2 relay 1 goes to UNbanded end of another diode.

Banded end goes to one terminal of the momentary switch.

Relay 1 switch contacts are used to activate the two-step.

Terminal 30 common of the relay switch goes to ground.
Terminal 87 goes to the two step activation wire

:)

Relay 2: Boost Solenoid Wiring.

IGN switch +12 to UNbanded end of a diode

Banded end of the same diode to pin 85 coil connection 1 relay 2

Terminal 86 coil connection 2 relay 2 goes to UNbanded end of another diode.

Banded end of that diode goes to the same terminal of the momentary switch the other relay diode goes to.

Relay 2 switch contacts are used to control solenoid power or ground, it doesn't matter which one you break and make I will use the pink/blk power wire for my example.

Terminal 30 relay 2 switch common goes to one leg of the cut and extended pink/blk wire from the solenoid.

Terminal 87A the normally closed switch contact on the 5 pin relay goes to the other end of the extended cut pink/blk wire from the solenoid.

Now the other terminal on the momentary switch goes straight to a good ground.

OPERATION: When you push the button assuming key ON the boost solenoid connection will open with relay 2 activating. IF the brake switch is pressed while the button is pressed the relay 1 switch will activate the two step.

Reason for the 4 diodes is to steer current flow. You don't know what the state of the IGN and Brake switch is when the key is off and the brake is off.

Most likely they are all necessary maybe only 2. Put all 4 in they are cheap.

No snubber diodes were included on purpose since in this circuit they would be a bad current path with the two relay activation necessary off of 2 separate power feeds. Usually aren't needed either. ;)

Use a good quality relay as well. :cool:

Good luck. :D

yah we got it thanks for the help
the strip was going the wrong way on the diode once we changed those all works great thanks again for the help