quick engine block question

romadmartin

Car gods son
Did all 84-85 blocks have 14 bolt oil pans or did later 85 cars get a 20 bolt.

The thing thats wierd is My block, out of my 85 has 20 bolts and no oil return provision in the block. Casting numbers are no where to be found looked all over and only found a turbo 6 logo and a 3.8 cast into the block.

I seem to always find cars that dont follow the everyday norm.

Most 1985's had twenty bolt oil pans and are 329 blocks-stamped 2550329. You can find the stamp by crawling under the car on the drivers side and inspect the block near the transmission. Check out this link. Brad.
Buick V6 History

thanks

hmm I wonder how I missed that looked all through gnttype.org just not in that section. looked on the block before I left for Iraq and dident see any casting numbers I have the father look at it again maybe it was just to road grimed over. Thanks for the info.

The late 85 blocks also came casting #140 for the last three numbers and was a 20 bolt with no oil drain provision, the 84 #040 was a 14 bolt.

Thanks
Bill

I didnt think the stage motors came with 20 bolt oil pans? still no luck with getting the serial numbers off the back passenger side of the block.

every thing else on the motor falls into place with a stock 85 stock head intake hot air everything fuel injected stock 85 just the block is a mystery It also has ARP head bolt main bolts rod bolts and so on. Someone has definately been into this motor.

Did all 84-85 blocks have 14 bolt oil pans or did later 85 cars get a 20 bolt.

The thing thats wierd is My block, out of my 85 has 20 bolts and no oil return provision in the block. Casting numbers are no where to be found looked all over and only found a turbo 6 logo and a 3.8 cast into the block.

I seem to always find cars that dont follow the everyday norm.

Post some pictures,
With a 6 logo casted onto the block, I'm guessing stage block.