Questions about TTA...thinking of buying

Quick6

I've owned and worked on my 87 GN for over 10 years now and all things considered the GN seems pretty easy to work on and to be able to get to things, even pulling the engine is not a big deal, but what about the TTA? for you guys that have them and have had GN's as well, is there a BIG difference when having to do any mechcanical work?

Whats the biggest problem with the TTA's.

I think they are easier to work on ....prob cause they are lower.... the only PITA is jackin it up!!

There are also problems when people put stage2 motors in them and dont complete them.

:D

from what I understand they (Stage 2 ) cars make awesome parts cars ...especially when its a NEW TTA with 10,508 miles .....opppps wait ...might be 10,508.5 !!! lots of pushin in an outta the garage :p New Cobra sure is lookin good :eek:
hmmmmmm now how much can I get for a roller ????? Bueler Bueler ????? ;)

Ouch. Can't rush perfection...I know of another TTA that hasn't seen the light of day in a few years but will be running quite nicely soon.

Jacking them up is probably the biggest PITA. Always have to drive up on boards just to get the jack under there.

And mine is always for sale :D

ummmmm why complete them ????? ya cant sell them when there done eithier !!:p Good Luck George sellin yours !!!!

hehehehehe hey EVERYTHING is allways for sale !!!!:D funny thing is we had the most fun when the car was a stocker runnin in the 11's (wifes first TTA in 89 ) ... BUT ya want to go faster an grow them big *alls :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Grumpy
hehehehehe hey EVERYTHING is allways for sale !!!!:D funny thing is we had the most fun when the car was a stocker runnin in the 11's (wifes first TTA in 89 ) ... BUT ya want to go faster an grow them big *alls :rolleyes:

All true words spoken by a beloved statesman. Theyre the funnest cars at the mid 11 second range.

I know of another one been sitting for over 2 1/2 years now as well(TTA89) with huge illusions of grandure.

No wonder there are so many low mile ones ;)

Leave them stock, get them into the 11's..enjoy them.

Mine's for sale too fwiw :)

"Mine's for sale too fwiw "

ummmm you gettin one of those turbo yugo GT's ?????:rolleyes:

Whats the biggest problem with the TTA's.

Squeaks (fixed with silicone)

Harsh ride

No Respect (from Buick or F-body crowds)

Sore Neck (from jackrabbit starts) ;)

Originally posted by Grumpy
"Mine's for sale too fwiw "

ummmm you gettin one of those turbo yugo GT's ?????:rolleyes:

Off couse I want fast and reliable :D :rolleyes:

I'll have to wear a skirt.. thats the only problem with owning one of those..

Someone letting my cats out of their bag.. :eek:

Originally posted by lburou
Squeaks (fixed with silicone)

Harsh ride

No Respect (from Buick or F-body crowds)

Sore Neck (from jackrabbit starts) ;)

The third one down, I just can't believe. I 've had a GN for a long time now and have always had a desire for a TTA. They are both different from everything else out on the road. I can understand the F-body crowd to a degree since maybe they don't like their Chevy 350's being trounced, but the Buick guys??.....not me!

LOL

Jacking the car up so it sits high enough to slide the jack under.

Long arse frontend that requires pulling the engine from the side if you use a normal cherry picker (might have something to do with not having an extra 2 cylinders on the front which changes the center of gravity)

Squeaks rattles and groans (typical F-body)

And of course being the bastard stepchild of the F-body world!!

Thanks for the responses! Another question, which came with these cars...glass or plastic T-Tops? Whats the rear gearing is it a 3:42 like the Buick? What about posi, did this come standard or is there a code similar to the G80 Buick code for this option? Ready to buy a TTA!

Originally posted by 1badTTA

Squeaks rattles and groans (typical F-body)

Buy a hardtop and you won't have any of those pesky rattles/squeaks/groans. :p

(or just add subframe connectors) :)

Anyone think banks will finance a purchase for a TTA? A note for 12-15k on a 15 year old car doesn't seem to be a possiblity. My GTA is paid for along with it's extensive mods, and I am looking for a low mileage, completly stock TTA. Will need to take a note on it though.

If you can swing it, a secured personal loan is the way to go. As an added benefit you won't get into lien / title issues either.

I bought my TTA on a secured personal loan, 4.2% interest rate.

If you have to go a used car loan, the age will likely make it difficult, but it all depends on the lender. Some are more willing than others.

Troy

My credit union was more then happy to loan money on my car. It seems that the car loan bussiness in getting just as competitive as the home loan side.