Questions about Refreshening my tranny

TT/Ameasap

The White Blur
My tranny was built by Jimmy in Chicago and I believe it is his stage 2. Lets say I want to freshen it up. Are most of the tricks already done to just refreshen it, or will I have to take it to him again? I dont have any problems with the tranny right now in the low 11's, but Im going to be putting down a lot of power this spring and I am concerned about it. I guess it would depend on what breaks, but in general, like a 2-3 flare or something.

Depends upon how old it is. The recipe has evolved a little bit over the last few years. Jimmy is always looking for improvements and better parts and such.

Had mine in earlier this year. Upgraded to a billet input shaft, better planetary gear assembly, etc... Also changed up the valve body calibration a bit. Sounds like you want to do something similar.

Ya, I may just have him freshen it up next winter then. I didnt think about the recipe evolving.

You probably won't break anything. But if it slips it would be nice to have a rev limiter.

I just have to remember when the rev limiter is on and off with occasionally spraying alky.