Question...

ChevMCarlo84

What does Theft recovery do to the value of a car, especially a GN????

There is 87 on ebay with 27,000 miles for $7500. It is extremely clean looking so I'm thinking of buying it. The only problem is that it has a REBUILD title becuase it is a Theft Recovery.

I would like evryones opinion on the issue.

Thanks,
Bob

Originally posted by ChevMCarlo84
What does Theft recovery do to the value of a car, especially a GN????

Well... a documented 27K mile car that isn't a theft recovery would be worth between $12K and $15K so that and the rust have reduced the cars value by about 1/2.

I can see in the pictures that it has the red and blue caps on the a/c ports indicating a134a conversion. The add states cold r12. He could be misrepresenting the car or just really isn't sure what was done to it. The rebuilt title does hurt the value for sure.I had a 87 T with one that I sold. Still made money on it though :D

ebay is down for maintenance @ the time of this posting so i cant see the link. i just wanted to say that a rebuilt title means it has been in some type of wreck some time in its life, right? have you talked to the guy or seen the car in person b/c a car can look real nice in the pictures but have hidden damage you cant see till you receive it. my car looks awesome on the pics i got of it but when i went i went to look at it the paint was half done(no wet sanding or smoothing out of streaks) and it looked crappy. fortuanately it didnt have any frame damage or anything that isnt easily fixed:)
im just saying be careful @ what you buy over the internet b/c things arent always what they seem to be:)