Question On TH400 swap

gndoug

CSB Crew
I was wondering what experiences anyone has had with using the HR tranny mount for the 400 swap. I'm getting ready to do mine and was either going the route of having the crossmember "enhanced" ;) or saving the time and $$$ and going with the HR part. I really don't see any reason why the HR mount with the offset wouldn't be a better choice.

Also, I am at a very critical point in making a very important choice. Should I take the chance of trying to install the tranny with the mechanical modulator, or just buy a manual valve body. Realistically, the car wont be driven that much, but I have heard no good things about the mechanical modulators.

Input please :biggrin:

1. If your on a budget (I don't think you can be on one if you own a turbo regal) you can slot the holes on the 200-4R trans mount to make it work with the TH400. No modifications to the crossmember are needed.

2. I didn't want to shift gears manually (thats why I have an automatic trans) so I used a part made by Transgo (VBP-VAC) to bleed off the boost and let the trans do its thing.

Here is some more info:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/transmission-talk/255286-th400-build-pictures-5.html#post1924942

I was wondering what experiences anyone has had with using the HR tranny mount for the 400 swap. I'm getting ready to do mine and was either going the route of having the crossmember "enhanced" ;) or saving the time and $$$ and going with the HR part. I really don't see any reason why the HR mount with the offset wouldn't be a better choice.

Also, I am at a very critical point in making a very important choice. Should I take the chance of trying to install the tranny with the mechanical modulator, or just buy a manual valve body. Realistically, the car wont be driven that much, but I have heard no good things about the mechanical modulators.

Input please :biggrin:
Underboost ( Brent ) used that mount with no problems.