Question on stock radio

karst#9

What is the orange and brown wire connector on the back of the radio for? Is it for the memory of the radio? I bought a GN without a radio and I was going to install the stock radio but all the connectors were cut off the harness for the radio. Must have had an aftermarket radio before,But i found all the wires put the connectors on them, but the brown one for the 2 pin connector i couldnt find. I didnt know if the brown wire came out of the harness or straight to the fuse box. When i turn the switch off and back on the radio goes to AM, so i think its something to do with the memory or the lights in the radio.:confused:

What is the orange and brown wire connector on the back of the radio for? Is it for the memory of the radio? I bought a GN without a radio and I was going to install the stock radio but all the connectors were cut off the harness for the radio. Must have had an aftermarket radio before,But i found all the wires put the connectors on them, but the brown one for the 2 pin connector i couldnt find. I didnt know if the brown wire came out of the harness or straight to the fuse box. When i turn the switch off and back on the radio goes to AM, so i think its something to do with the memory or the lights in the radio.:confused:

not do be a ass but use the search key. took me 10 sec to find this info.

http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/imag...ker_stereo.jpg

orange= memory/battery
brown= illumination (be carefull if wires were cut,one/other brown wire is the left rear positive speaker lead)