question on removing half vinly roof,and installing buckets and console.

thutch

my buddy picked up a 85 regal with factory half vinly roof that he wants to remove,any difference in the 1/4 windows
between the vinly roof and the hard top or any of the roof trim.and he picked uo some clean monte carlo ss bucket seat and console,want to make it floor shift so we have to get the shifter,cable column.i see that gbodyparts sells
brackets for the buckets will he need them and what else.
it has the 45/55 bucket seats in it now.

Quarter windows are the same there will be a big plastic trim piece surrounding the rear window so he will have to get the metal trim to go around the
glass im not sure if the mounting pins are there for the clips that hold the trim piece in youl also need those..the mounting pins look the same as the the gazillion pins going around the edge of the vinyl top that hold the metal trim on there youll have to grind those down..Dont be suprised if the roof isnt finished under the top where it meets the pillars either ive seen some pretty bad ones youll have to either lead it or use all metal (bondo with aluminum in it) to do it right ......

its going to be painted be painted and we are going to install gnx flairs ,vents and spoilers,and black out the trim.

1/4 windows are different! The big difference is that the vinyl top version doesn't have as big or should I say wide rubber/plastic molding. Plus they are a tad bit wider to take into account the extra thickness of the vinyl top.

It's a real PITA not to mention expensive removing that vinyl top. I've never seen a vinyl top car that didn't have some rust hiding under the vinyl. Be prepared to be shocked back into reality when you peel it off.:mad:

Hmm thats news to me ive seen like 4 off and never had anyone change them
i stand corrected....