Question on M&A Heads

Renato Velati

I just picked up a complete set of brand new m&a heads, including valve covers, arp head bolts, pushrods, and crane energizer rocker arms. Got a good deal and could'nt pass it up. The guy I bought it from purchased the complete set up from Modern Muscle Car(now Full Throttle Speed). Has anyone used these rocker arms with these heads, and if so did you run into any problems. I've seen in another post someone used an offset crane rocker but that might have been on the first castings that m&a produced.

I just picked up a complete set of brand new m&a heads, including valve covers, arp head bolts, pushrods, and crane energizer rocker arms. Got a good deal and could'nt pass it up. The guy I bought it from purchased the complete set up from Modern Muscle Car(now Full Throttle Speed). Has anyone used these rocker arms with these heads, and if so did you run into any problems. I've seen in another post someone used an offset crane rocker but that might have been on the first castings that m&a produced.

I had a set until three weeks ago which I just sold to a friend of mine. I ran them for over two years with no problem whatsoever. I had a setup similar to yours...M&A heads and valve covers, Moroso breathers, Crane gold 1.60 ratio rockers, ARP head bolts and Competition Cams special-lenght pushrods...I sold them as a kit, complete with a GM port-matched intake manifold.

Claude. :wink:

The only thing I still have are the pushrods as I don't think they were the right lenght for my friend's combo.

Those are the cheap crane rockers , they are ok for a hydraulic
flat tappet or maybe a small roller. All of the rocker parts were the
cheapest on the market so you got what you paid for. If you want to
upgrade I would get ARP Rocker studs , upgrade rockers and helicoil the
rocker stud bolt holes or just get the T&D setup and forget about it. All
of the M&A heads were the same there are no different versions.

These came with the crane energizer rockers. Do you remember if the crane gold rockers were offset or standard?

I didn't like the geometry of the M&A rocker assembly. I pulled each stud out checked them in a lathe and 80% of them were bent. :redface: I have Gen III's
so I went with the T&D rocker shaft setup & Crower push rods. I'm good for 8,000rpm now. ;)

These came with the crane energizer rockers. Do you remember if the crane gold rockers were offset or standard?

Yes you could get the gold cranes with an offset don't know if they still
do them though shaft rocker stuff has pretty much obsoleted that type of
system.

Thanks to all that replied. Dan, do your remember if this head used an offset stud mounted roller rocker? Because the ones that came with it are not offset and don't line up straight. Just wondering if anyone has used the rockers that came with this kit, and if they had any problems.

Thanks to all that replied. Dan, do your remember if this head used an offset stud mounted roller rocker? Because the ones that came with it are not offset and don't line up straight. Just wondering if anyone has used the rockers that came with this kit, and if they had any problems.

That's what came with mine. The M&A's are not off set.

They were like that because the valve guide C/L and the pushrod hole
weren't aligned . They did alot of that in the early day's . If you are not
going to use a radical cam then just go with what you have otherwise I
would really suggest you go the T&D route . Also the energizer rockers use
mass for strength which doesn't allow much room for better valve springs.

T&D Phone (775) 884-2292

Part# 6100 for 1.60 rockers $908.02

Crower Pushrods 5/16 x 8.450 W//210 $152.47 You may need a different size.