question on installing scanmaster 2.1 for buick gn

I put mine down with Velcro. Quick removal as well as the wiring.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The velcro tape with sticky back from the hardware store, ..It won't leave any damage after removing the tape or leave marks on the leather on dash...

What about the velcro tape does's everybody use it.. If I want to remove scanmaster out of site for the appasial guy. Does the tape clean off the leather on dash, just on top of the radio. That's the only wire's (no cutting) I had left enough to install. Its my first scanmaster 2.1, readings all good(No Mulfuction codes), 0.0 knock..It's still winter here in Ontario, Canada.. The car is in the garage. Any more feedback on mounting scantool with tape would be a appreicated.Thx one more time on the pics;)

One more thing. If you mount your gauge with velcro & leave some extra connecting wire you can place it on your dash facing forward so you can see the display while working under the hood
That made it easy setting my TPS for the correct voltages.

TPS is set at .44. with Ign on/engine off. I did some resreach on velcro tape . If u want to keep gn original for later after removing scantool on dash it might leave marks. Myself I'm thinking relocating water and boost gauge from console to A -pillar and leaving the console pod free for scanmaster to sit. just my 2 cents. I don't know about the tape, it holds yeah, but the sticky glue is alittle strong, might be hard to remove from dash with soap.
Not knocking the 2.1, Very smart upgrade. no regrets

Last edited:
I found this velcro that says it won't leave marks but it's up to you if you believe them or not.

IMAG0212.jpg

Goo Gone gets rid of the residue pretty well.
Be very careful using petro distilates on your dash. I had a salesman use some Goo Gone on a new Ford truck to remove some tape gunk. A few days later the dealership finally got the dash fixed. The Goo Gone removed the "paint" .

Be very careful using petro distilates on your dash. I had a salesman use some Goo Gone on a new Ford truck to remove some tape gunk. A few days later the dealership finally got the dash fixed. The Goo Gone removed the "paint" .

Hmm, that's odd. I've never encountered a problem using in my cars.

There are a couple different kinds of adhesive removers. Goo gone is citrus based. It should not remove anything but the goo. Goof off on the other hand is solvent based and wont stop at the goo. ;) Google goo gone and goof off to see the difference.

Just use the small pieces of Velcro. The little button size ones someone posted would be ideal. Minimal area to have to clean up.

Does anyone know the part number for the plug, if so there should be a jack that will connect to to plug. Other scan tools plug into the car, so can't we just get the scanner plug and repin it with the scanmaster wires and then it becomes plug and play. If I can get the part number I will find a plug that fits the car. I have access to many styles of connectors and shouldn't have an issue finding one.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

T hi is thread been dead for a wile now and really helped me to understand how to wire up the 2.1 Scanmaster... but when I to wire it up I ran into a major problem... I pulled the ALDL Plug and it does not have the orange wire E pin... I must say my vehicle was not an original turbo vehicle but a clone I'm almost finishing up... it's an '84 Buick Regal Ltd installed a full '85 GN HA drive train with many upgrades ofcourse all the '87 updates to be able to run the SM... so where else can I wire up the white wire of the SM ? Any help please... Thanks in advance

The E wire should have been in betwen the tan and the yellow wire as the digram posted earlier on this thread... I'm stuck please help... I'm to the phase of trying to start the car but it doesn't start only cranks over but no dice... was hoping this could help me identify any problems...

Attachments

• 1426211542514.jpg
    1426211542514.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 247
  • 1426211550404.jpg
    1426211550404.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 232