Question? GNX Spec Wheels/tire fitment

GNXwannabe

Will 255/50-16 fit all four corners if GNX Spec Wheels are used? NOT ZERO offset or GTA fronts but "true" GNX spec offset/backspace. The tire I am looking at is 25.9 diameter with a 10.6 cross section. I think it will work just looking for someone who may know from experience. BTW I have stock suspension.

what is the backspacing on a GNX front wheel? i had 255/50/16 on the "front" GTA wheels and it just barely rubbed on the inner fenderwell just shy of full lock.. it looked mean as hell, too..

what is the backspacing on a GNX front wheel? i had 255/50/16 on the "front" GTA wheels and it just barely rubbed on the inner fenderwell just shy of full lock.. it looked mean as hell, too..

Front offset: 15mm
Front backspacing: 3-15/16
Rear offset: 23mm
Rear backspacing: 3-9/16

I have GNX spec wheels on the front of my car, I can tell you that they will rub on the front, not bad but they will rub. I ran 265/50-15 before these rims, and they rubbed as well a little on a tight turn. But just a little when turned to the stops. The rears will be fine, if the back spacing is GNX spec. I have 16X9.5 with 4.75 back space running 295/50-16 on the rear, and they do not rub. But have very slight frame and fender lip mods done to the car with the stock stance. Their is a little rake due to the size of the rears.

Well....Just to be safe I just ordered a set of 255/50/16 for the rear and 245/50/16 fronts. Discount Tire Direct finally got the Falken Zeix ZE-512s in stock in a Z/W rating for $410 shipped to my door!;)

Do you have any pics of that set up?

nope. sorry.. only had the 255's on the car for a few days when i first started driving it. that extra 1 centimeter of tire width really made the car look a lot more aggressive than the 245's i replaced them with. or maybe it was the fact that the 255's were old school Gatorbacks and the 245's are Fuzion ZRi's..