Question for the v8 guys

the only v8 car that came with a turbo was a pontiac firebird or transam in 1980 with a lame 301 it was a dog and a half. no grand national came with a v8 turbo

the only v8 car that came with a turbo was a pontiac firebird or transam in 1980 with a lame 301 it was a dog and a half. no grand national came with a v8 turbo

Thanks for the reply. I know the v8 didn't come in the GN. I just didn't know what the v8 guys used as doner cars. Are the turbo v8's reliable and as fast as the v6?

TurboV8

Working on getting the parts together to do a Buick 350 small block with a turbo. THe 5.7 & 3.8 are basicly the same motor (V6 vs V8) and the majority of the turbo V6 parts bolt up.

I do have to sort out the intake and ignition systems. SRGN is a bit farther on this project than I am. This project does require some thinking as no kit is available to do it. Over on the V8buick.com site, there is a thread on doing the twin turbo SBB in kit form. Looks to be an excellent kit (blow thru carb system), I've talked with the manufacturer and found that he is about ready to start selling the system soon.

I should have some basic mock up pic's soon (i hope) to post.