Question for the dog owners

Hey guys i know that there are a lot of dog owners here and i am hoping that you guys can give me a hand. I just became the proud owner of an 8 month old American Bulldog named Bo. He is a very good dog with a few "aggresive" things that i need some advice with. He sits on command and is very good about listning...however he is very very protective of his food and water. If you get with in 4 feet of him while eating or drinking he grawls...any closer and he freaks out and wants to eat you. Has anyone ever had this problem and if so how did you correct the animals behavior with this issue? I really love the dog but with a 5 year old and a 3 year old sons i am not going to put up with this kind of aggresion.

I get that way if you get near my food! No soulution except let BO eat DIN DIN in the garage

Get rid of him. He's a threat to you and your kids. I'd have him a for sale ad, in yesterday for a dog with that type of temperment. Watch him around your kids!! He sounds extremely dominant, and can get ahold of their necks like a rag doll.

I'd have a baseball bat handy in case he goes off the wall. I'd have to beat that dog unconcious, if he bit my kids. :mad: With all the pitbull attacks on kids these days, I'm on the offensive with these God Dam dogs. People want to try and equate a dog to a human being, and let me tell you this- if a human being bit my kids it would mean death for a human. So what's the difference with a dog? Get rid of him, before I go over there and take care of him for you. Especially if he bites your kids. :cool: You're not Cesar Romero the Dog Whisperer. You're not going to break that dog. Especially if he is acting aggressive to you touching his plate. That dog is a straightup- azzhole. He needs a good whooping, and toss him out.

Get rid of him. He is not a good type of "family dog"

Get a small, friendly dog. Or a larger dog with a real sweet temperment , and tolerance.

If all this doesn't work, get some smaller fish. Kids love'm and they're easy to take care of..... usually that is. :biggrin:

Hey guys i know that there are a lot of dog owners here and i am hoping that you guys can give me a hand. I just became the proud owner of an 8 month old American Bulldog named Bo. He is a very good dog with a few "aggresive" things that i need some advice with. He sits on command and is very good about listning...however he is very very protective of his food and water. If you get with in 4 feet of him while eating or drinking he grawls...any closer and he freaks out and wants to eat you. Has anyone ever had this problem and if so how did you correct the animals behavior with this issue? I really love the dog but with a 5 year old and a 3 year old sons i am not going to put up with this kind of aggresion.

if a human being bit my kids it would mean death for a human. So what's the difference with a dog?

You're not Cesar Romero the Dog Whisperer. You're not going to break that dog. Especially if he is acting aggressive to you touching his plate. That dog is a straightup- azzhole. He needs a good whooping, and toss him out.

I hope that whole post was a joke. So you're telling us that if another child in your kid's class bites them you are going to kill the child?

Get rid of him. He's a threat to you and your kids. I'd have him a for sale ad, in yesterday for a dog with that type of temperment. Watch him around your kids!! He sounds extremely dominant, and can get ahold of their necks like a rag doll.

I'd have a baseball bat handy in case he goes off the wall. I'd have to beat that dog unconcious, if he bit my kids. :mad: With all the pitbull attacks on kids these days, I'm on the offensive with these God Dam dogs. People want to try and equate a dog to a human being, and let me tell you this- if a human being bit my kids it would mean death for a human. So what's the difference with a dog? Get rid of him, before I go over there and take care of him for you. Especially if he bites your kids. :cool: You're not Cesar Romero the Dog Whisperer. You're not going to break that dog. Especially if he is acting aggressive to you touching his plate. That dog is a straightup- azzhole. He needs a good whooping, and toss him out.

Get a small, friendly dog. Or a larger dog with a real sweet temperment , and tolerance.

If all this doesn't work, get some smaller fish. Kids love'm and they're easy to take care of..... usually that is. :biggrin:

Small dogs put more kids in the hospital that big ones. Do some research and don't believe the hype.

I truly have to believe that I'm smarter than my dog...and the results are evident in his behavior. I've never hit him with anything. He obeys everything I tell him to do. If you really believe "whooping" a bulldog is the best course of action....you obviously have never owned one...

which explains your post.:eek:

Small dogs put more kids in the hospital that big ones. Do some research and don't believe the hype.

I truly have to believe that I'm smarter than my dog...and the results are evident in his behavior. I've never hit him with anything. He obeys everything I tell him to do. If you really believe "whooping" a bulldog is the best course of action....you obviously have never owned one...

which explains your post.:eek:

X2

he still a puppy, you still have plenty of time to train him.Man im happy my crazy BOXER FART BUDDY REILEY isnt like that:eek:

Attachments

• crazy man.jpg
    crazy man.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 116
No, not another kid, but a man, yes. And, also if your dog attacked my kid, and I felt my kid was or could possibly be killed or hurt badly- as in face ripped off, of descalped like I've seen lately on the news from pitbull attacks (for some reason these dogs seem to be making the news lately)

I'd kill it so fast, it wouldn't know what hit him.... and that's the truth. Maybe with a gun, maybe with an Ax, maybe with a baseball bat. It would be lights out for an aggessive dog attacking a kid in my book.... even if I had to choke it to death with my bare hands. I hate dogs that attack kids. Did you know that anytime police are threatened with any aggressive dogs, they always shoot first and ask questions later? I wonder why.... Ask the stupid Maryland police who killed the Mayors 2 dogs. And to be honest with you, I felt very bad for those dogs and Mayors family in my opinion. They were very wrong.

Please don't misunderstand me though. I love dogs. I really do. :)

I hope that whole post was a joke. So you're telling us that if another child in your kid's class bites them you are going to kill the child?

you have to show that dog that you are the pack leader! i'm not saying by any means to beat the dog but a swift kick in the ass is all they need. be loud and affermative. you HAVE to show american bulldogs at a very young age and as soon as you get them you ARE the boss or they will take a leadership role that you will not get back very easily. i urge anyone getting one of these dogs to read up on them before purchasing.they are very independant and headstrong and just look to be in charge. i have a 75lb female american bulldog named pebbles. don't let the name fool ya. you come in my house unaccompanied and you won't come out. very loving and protective dog's by nature, but like i said very self reliant and WILL take over control of you if you let them. get some of the mags they have on bully breeds of dogs and read up on the ab . boxers and pitbulls are by no way related to american bull dogs, unless they have been puposly interbreed and they are much tougher to get to follow commands

The good part is that once this dog is trained, it will be something you want around your kids. A friend of mine had a mastiff and always had his kids take it with them. They can read their owners and sense fear. Dogs are smart and know that you will protect your kids and they in turn will become very protective of them. Our dogs see my two sons as part of the pack, they always are together. Our yellow lab will follow one of our sons around all day long just to keep an eye on him.

Turbo our family member was a rescue rott and let me tell you he was nuts when i first got him. he was 5 months old and 65 lbs.I could not go near his food or his bones he would growl and snarl at you. my daughter was 4 years old when i got him.I told her to stay away from his food untill he got used to us.He was about 18 months old when he calmed down.The food thing stopped right away.He was under a year old when I had him taking treats out of my mouth.American bull dogs are a great breed very good with kids. They are a highstrong breed they love to play rough.My friend just got rid of his last pup last week and it was 8 months old . There is no reason to beat the dog that will just get him more crazy.This will not happen over night. take him to some training classes and show him who the boss is. dominate him and dont be scared of him. get that dog on his back and make him show submission.I got bit a few times by Turbo but when I had him flipped over and on his back he gave up and fast.DO NOT LET THE KIDS DO THIS! He will adapt to the kids and all will be fine.If you treat him good he will treat you the same in return.Dont listen to people that tell you to get rid of them.That is all bs.It is all about who is raising the animal. If you want a fighting call mike vic and his buddies.Rottweilers and American stafford terriors.(that is the correct name for pitt bulls in case you didnt know) have got a bad rap They are great breeds and when I hear someone say that they are a bad breed I just look at the source and laugh.I have been around rotts for over twenty years and and they are great.I never had any big problems except when someone tried to break into my garage.I figuired I would let the dog out before I brought out smith & wesson.That was a bad move.I should have shot first.That guy was messed up.Just remember the beware of dog signs and you are fine.If money is not an issue get Vpi pet insurance.It paid off for me when Turbo messed up his neck.well good luck with your family member .Give him a chance and you cant imagine how happy he will make you and your family let alone protect them.

x2 on the fact that bulldog's are great family pets. My dog is super protective of all the kids that come in and out of our house. Not just mine.

I got him when my daughter was 13. I work alot of hours. Even though he has never hurt anything...people that he doesn't know don't get close to my daughter.... he will literally stay between my daughter and my company until they leave...never getting more than 6-8 feet from her...or at least until he realizes that the person is ok.

That's not a bad thing in my book. You won't come in my house without me there...unless you want to deal with the dog. It's funny...my friends, that my daughter does not know....he is sloooow to warm up to. Her friends...that she is comfortable around....he loves immeditely. They can read people so well. He knows when my daughter is at ease with someone.

But when my 17 yoa kid is at the house by herself....I want him to make people knocking on the door think the devil is about to open up.

Better than Brinks....I promise;)

I want him to make people knocking on the door think the devil is about to open up.

Better than Brinks....I promise;)

and we do, luka still scares me when I come to the door, not as much as the owners glock though :eek:

Good feedback on this except the bat thing.I think since he is young he probably had to fight for what food was left before everybody else had their fill.My rottie would do the same.Hand feeding,keeping your hand on the bowl while he eats,taking the bowl away when he growls & giving it back,to assure him that it his to eat,keep the kids away while he eats,so as he doesnt get the bat,newspaper on the butt when he does growl.Right now he is the alfamale.You have to show him that ur the boss.Ive grab mine by the scruff of the neck many times,like the mother would do.Believe me they dont like the neck thing.To bad I dont live closer I would break him of this in no time for you.He is young & stubburn & seems smart for a pup.Please have patience & you will end up with a great family pet.It would be nice to keep us posted on your progress.Praise him w/good boy.bad boy or dog when he does something wrong.oh by the way I was bitten the face by a st bernard when I was a kid.He was chewing on a bone & I put my face near the bone.Wasnt his fault& he lived to tell his story.

chopped39, i don't know if the don't beat him was toward what i posted by saying a swift kick to the ass. what i meant is you have to get a hold of them and show you are the alpha. which means getting in there and acting. when my girl snapped at me and i mean snapped, i went full bore at her, grabed her by the collar, put her down on the ground and held her there all the while yelling in the most violent way that i was the boss and her food was mine and that she better never ever do that again. i had my nose smashed up againest hers staring her in the eye the whole time. i made her sit and watch while i pretended to eat some of her food, then put her bowl down and let her stare at for a while. she never did it again. training classes are for people who are unsure of themselves and therfore should not even attempt to own such a breed. . i don't know if many people know this but alot of the big females in ab breed are the alpha's. when i got my pebla as we call her, she was four months old. she was the only one left. nobody wanted her because she was to "aggressive"to her litter mates. you didn't state his size, weight. did you ask the breeder how he acted in his litter? was he alpha?beta?these are questions that HAVE to be asked about this breed!

I haven't had to worry about any aggression out of this one... Go figure... :redface:

Attachments

• 100_0622.JPG
    100_0622.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 61