Question for T400 users....

Slo86GN

The Nightstalker
With the new engine soon to go in, I've been seriously debating on going to a T400 w/transbrake. The question I have is how to get the speedo (digital dash) to work with the 400? I know it would be simpler to stay with the 200R4, but the budget won't support getting it built with a t-brake. Any ideas/pointers would be appreciated... :D

BTW.....car will be a weekend toy, so not gonna see any long drives...that's why I'm not too worried about losing the OD.

:confused: Nobody has any ideas on how to get this to work, or if it will work at all? If it won't work, then suggestions on alternate method......dash swap, GNX style conversion dash?

The speedo is cable driven for both digital and analog dashes. All you need to do is get the correct gears in the TH400 so the speedo will read correct. Then just screw the existing cable on the TH400 speedo hsg.

Thank ya much..... :biggrin: . That's what I needed to know. I was worried the digital dash wouldn't work with a 400. Dunno why it didn't occur to me that the signal convertor is behind the dash, especially since I was looking right at the cable yesterday while installing the line lock......had one of those moments... :rolleyes: :redface: .