Question for people who use Eibach springs!

Audiowizard

CARE FOR A SMOKE ANYONE?
Staff member
I am dropping the GN so I went to Eibachs website and they say their pro-kit will lower the front 1.0" and the rear .08" (I thought it was 1.5"). My question is what are your actual measurements after they are installed (before and after)? If all I am going to get is 1.0" in the front then it looks like I will go with the 2" Bell techs instead. Thanks for your measurements and inputs! :)

I just did the Bell Tech 2" drop kit to my GN and its a TRUE 2 inches and the rear springs dropped the back about 1 inch ..this is with new Bilstein shocks in all 4 corners ... very stiff and handles alot better :) some rubbing on the front driver side inner wheelwell ..but it was simple to install and is a nice kit :cool:

Jim

As I recall, the measurement from the ground thru the center of the wheel to the front fender lip was 25 1/2" the last time I measured mine.

I would not want any lower as I come close to scraping the lower edge of the front bumper going up some driveways.

No, the one inch drop is correct. BUT, it really depends on where your car is sitting at the present.

Thanks Jim and Steve!

Jim, where did you purchase the Bell tech kit and how much? I am also running 17" wheels, do you have a pic of your car with the dropped spindles? If you do, please post a link or send the the pic to my e-mail addy. Thanks! :)

My friend is running 2" dropped spindles with 17" on his GN but he had to trim the metal out of his finder well lips to make clearance. The stance looks killer! :cool:

I ordered my kit from Jegs it was $150 for the front spindles and $130 for the rear springs same price in Summit too :) ...sorry no pics i wish i did no camera :D

Jim

I have the bell-techs on my car and love them. I did have to sell the 8" fronts and go with a 7" as I did not want to cut the meatal as we had on a previous car. It does give you a true 2" and doesn't seem to have hurt weight transfer. I can't tell you about the rear as the weight of the stereo lowers mine about 1.5"

I used the eibach pro kit springs. They were great- not too stiff but great handling improvement. Drop was an honest 1.5" front and 1" rear.

Bob

I agree with BM Computer.
I don't have the measurements before and after but that sounds about right. You can tell it is lowered and I am running 225/45/17 which also lowered my car about an inch (originally 205/75/14).
This is on a Cutlass and I put a Hurst spoiler on the front. On rare occasions the spoiler may touch but that is almost never. The cat. seems to bottom/scrape before anything else does.
And yes, the ride quality is great with excellent handling. To me it feels best on the highway and in the corners. A little rough in town but our roads suck:mad:
I would like to lower it a little more one day and would consider the dropped spindles but I did the 12" brake upgrade.
I am considering cutting the coils a little later on.
Good luck!

Thanks for all of your replies! :) I ordered the 2" Bell techs because I wanted to rake the front end a little more than the 1" to 1.5" that the Eibachs provided. I would have went with the Eibachs but I talked to a local with the pro-kit in his Monte and all he gained was 1" on the front which was not enough for me. I will post pics when I get the rest of my front end parts in for the GN. Thanks again for all of your input, it was greatly appreciated! :)