Question for GM mechanics or Autoglass installers

101prf

Anyone now if the side glass is replaceable on a new GMC seirra with the power sliding rear window. My atv met the drivers side rear glass, it looks like they are seperate on the sides unlike the old sliders but the glass company said the whole thing must be replaced. Anyone know for sure? The truck is an 2008.

The center piece is the only one that you can replace. You need the whole thing if you broke a side one. Looks like a pricey window. Options would be go through your insurance or put a solid window in it.

Try lairds auto glass they make custom cut glass..They may be able to help you out...

The center piece is the only one that you can replace. You need the whole thing if you broke a side one. Looks like a pricey window. Options would be go through your insurance or put a solid window in it.

Thank you, thats exactly what they said but I wanted to be sure. I was quoted $350 for the solid window tinted, $150 more hits my deductible so I guess it would be worth it in case i decide to sell the truck. I've owned this truck less than 2 months, boy I wish I did this 2 months ago in my 99 truck. I will definitely be lowering my deductible now that I realize the price of that window. Quotes were $875 at one shop, the shop I've used in the past said it would be well over $1000. I would try Laird if they were closer.

Price it around, you should be able to get the solid window for $225-250. That is what I would charge here in nebraska.