Question about my TPS reading at WOT

transampacecar

I recently had my TTA tuned and all the numbers on the scanmaster at idle are near pefect. Example, my BL is 129 and my TPS is .42
My concern is that I read somewhere that the TPS at WOT should be around 4.0 or higher, mine reads 3.86 at WOT and no knock with 20psi and 100 octane.
What exactly is the function of the TPS and should I be concerned that it is only getting to 3.86 and if it should be higher, how do I get it higher ?
Thanks

Is your floor mat under the accelerator pedal and restricting its travel? The floor mat frequently restricts the WOT voltage ;)

I think anything over 3.80V is treated the same as 4.++ by the computer....

lee

Lee_Burough said:
I think anything over 3.80V is treated the same as 4.++ by the computer....

lee

Exactly. With the stock chip and most aftermarket, power enrichment fueling multipliers are identical after 75% of TPS.

Imo,I would set it higher for peace of mind to 4.6volts. Another thing is the numbers you have are general.....there isnt anything perfect about your numbers. Some cars like higher BL's some dont. Some like 02's in different ranges than others. Find out what your car likes best (Tune) and you wont need to look for more HP by just boost(PSI).

HTH
Bo

[transampacecar]I recently had my TTA tuned and all the numbers on the scanmaster at idle are near pefect. Example, my BL is 129 and my TPS is .42
My concern is that I read somewhere that the TPS at WOT should be around 4.0 or higher, mine reads 3.86 at WOT and no knock with 20psi and 100 octane.
What exactly is the function of the TPS and should I be concerned that it is only getting to 3.86 and if it should be higher, how do I get it higher ?
Thanks

Like Bo said, set your wot at around 4.6 to 4.8 and also agreeing with Lee, your carpet will prevent the throttle from going fully open. This is why you need to file or shave off the 2 half moon guides on the back side of the TPS. You only need to take off about an 1/8 of an inch from the front of these guides. This allows you to move the TPS forward enough to compensate for the carpet. HTH

Loosen the TPS screws and yank the sensor forward torwards the front of the car. While pulling on it forward set your base TPS to like .42. Tighten the screws and recheck.. bet its over 4.5.

Also see if the TB blade goes horizontal.. in other words the blade opens all the way up.

I dont like 3.8 for TPS WOT.. personally. I always set for 4.5 minimum.

HTH