question about MAP sensor

Alan

I am working on a turbo project for my V6 camaro and I know that my stock MAP sensor won't work with boost (atleast not much). i'm looking at advanceautoparts.com trying to figure out which sensor i should buy. The sensors for the Sy/Tys are the same price and part number as the stock one for my car. the turbo trans am sensor is a different part number and more than 3 times the price! can anyone help steer me in the right direction, here? also, i am planning to run around 16 psi...just FYI.

Alan said:
I am working on a turbo project for my V6 camaro and I know that my stock MAP sensor won't work with boost (atleast not much). i'm looking at advanceautoparts.com trying to figure out which sensor i should buy. The sensors for the Sy/Tys are the same price and part number as the stock one for my car. the turbo trans am sensor is a different part number and more than 3 times the price! can anyone help steer me in the right direction, here? also, i am planning to run around 16 psi...just FYI.

What idaho gn said is 100% correct and if the advanced site says the syty MAP is the same part# as your stocker then they are mistaken (immagine that :rolleyes: ). Your current sensor is a one bar and can not measure any boost...only vacuum. Stock sytys are 2 bar, as was mentioned, so youll run out of sensor just a hair under 15psi. You need the TTA 3 bar if you plan on going past 15psi and using the MAP for fueling/timing calcs.

alright, thanks for the help, guys! advance's website, wrong?? no way! lol. its helpful for some stuff but obviously not everything! i guess i'll have to spend the big bucks on the map sensor... :eek: