question about a turbo...

peterkin

..it isn't rocket science
the guy that had it says it is a ta-49, but i looked at the two housings and the compressor ( air side? ) housing says .60 or .61 i think...and the turbine ( exhaust side? ) housing is definitely a .63 exhaust housing....

do you guys think it's to early for this turbo and a THDP for the setup i have. the car has gone a best 13.62@99.96 mph on 15 psi of boost with 1.905 60' time on 235 firestones...:eek:... before i got booted for having antifreeze in the car...also, this was the first time i have ever run the car....we'll see what it does this weekend....

I think a TA49 should work fine with your combo and you should easily see some mid 12's like you want, however, it's going to take more than 15lbs of boost, so make sure to get some good gas with a race chip and turn the boost up to about 22 - 24lbs (that's the sweet spot of the 49 turbo). If you put some slicks on or at least BFG drag radials and get a 1.8 or better 60' time you should see a low 12 with a 110mph or slightly higher trap speed. Good luck and make sure you post your results.

Later, Steve

these cars should have came factory with a ta-49..:D

they are good for bone stock cars all the way down in the 11's..

i wish i still had mine...:(